CAP 70th anniversary activiyies

Started by 41839j, November 09, 2011, 01:00:33 AM

41839j

Looking for ideas for our squadron on how to celebrate the upcomming anniv.  Anybody have suggestions, plans, or want to share what your squadron is doing?

I would like to send an old wreck out on a big lake by us and try to sink it from the air with our plane and some ordinance.  No way could we every get approval for that, but it sounds fun and appropriate to reenact what CAP did during the war....

Anybody else care to comment or share?

Persona non grata

Make a AE project out of it......use a piper cub RC and drop ordinance(fake of course) on a cheap RC boat mocked up to look like a u boat.
Rock, Flag & Eagle.........

SarDragon

ordinance = a law

ordnance = things that go boom

We now return you to your regular thread.

Your plane? As in a CAP plane?

You would be breaking so many rules that the 2b's would make a paper blizzard.

I do like eaker.cadet's idea, though.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

Persona non grata

I hate spell check...........time for an old fashion dictionary(paper back).  ;D   .  I know at nitro planes.com you can pick up a inexpensive RC Piper Cub.  Makes for a nice demo plane if you put the CD markings on it.
Rock, Flag & Eagle.........

tsrup

Paramedic
hang-around.

SarDragon

Quote from: tsrup on November 10, 2011, 12:18:29 AM
what's are "activiyies"

That's activities, with the left hand in the wrong place on the keyboard.  ;)
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

41839j

I apologize for the typos.  I was actually sending that from my iphone, and it is really hard to type accurately with those tiny buttons and there is no spell check.  I won't do it again.

The RC idea won't really fly around here this time of year.  I was not expecting to be able to do something with the plane, just trying to get the ball rolling and start a discussion.  Seems like nobody has any ideas or is planning on doing anything.  That is a shame because it is an opening for us to tell a story that people should hear.

tsrup

Quote from: 41839j on November 10, 2011, 04:17:44 AM
I apologize for the typos.  I was actually sending that from my iphone, and it is really hard to type accurately with those tiny buttons and there is no spell check.  I won't do it again.

The RC idea won't really fly around here this time of year.  I was not expecting to be able to do something with the plane, just trying to get the ball rolling and start a discussion.  Seems like nobody has any ideas or is planning on doing anything.  That is a shame because it is an opening for us to tell a story that people should hear.

How about you put together a presentation and get in touch with your local chapters of Kiwanas, Optimists, Elks, etc Club and go give them a show.

It's something we have done, usually including a color guard presentation. 

Thanksgiving parades are coming up, if you have the opportunity why don't you put together a float commemorating the 70 year anniversary for your local one.
Paramedic
hang-around.