Free uniform order stuck at AAFES

Started by NC Hokie, July 04, 2008, 03:08:21 PM

NC Hokie

I have a cadet uniform order that has been stuck at AAFES since 6 June.  Does anyone know who I can contact to see what's going on with this order?  Thanks!
NC Hokie, Lt Col, CAP

Graduated Squadron Commander
All Around Good Guy

IceNine

Last I heard supply was getting short and there was a chance that orders would either be delayed or just not filled at all.

Your best bet is to call CAP HQ first, and see what they can do.  I personally wouldn't go straight to the AF for much of anything, its just bad form IMHO
"All of the true things that I am about to tell you are shameless lies"

Book of Bokonon
Chapter 4

Dad2-4

I helped a new cadet order his uniform back in February. He got a letter from AAFES saying it had been shipped, but still no uniform to this day. I've been on the phone to both NHQ and Lackland (using the number on the letter).

DC

In my experience it can sometimes be hit or miss. I recieved my uniform within a month of joining, I have seen cadets never get theirs, or the current situation in my squadron, we have several cadets who whave been waiting for over six weeks.

BillB

The lack of the "Free Uniform" from Lackland would be no problem if Squadrons would follow the regulation. IF a cadet quits during the 1st year, the uniform is supposed to be picked up by the squadron. It doesn't belong to the cadet.  You'll find most cadets when they drop out of CAP do so in the first year. But squadrons make no effort to reclaim the uniform. If they did within 2-3 years they would have enough of a supply to issue a uniform to a new cadet. After the first year, CAP has no claim to the uniform, but could ask the uniform be voluntary returned. The lack of cordination between the DCP and Logistics exists in the majority of squadrons resulting in nobody asking for the uniform return.
Gil Robb Wilson # 19
Gil Robb Wilson # 104

DC

Quote from: BillB on July 05, 2008, 09:34:44 AM
The lack of the "Free Uniform" from Lackland would be no problem if Squadrons would follow the regulation. IF a cadet quits during the 1st year, the uniform is supposed to be picked up by the squadron. It doesn't belong to the cadet.  You'll find most cadets when they drop out of CAP do so in the first year. But squadrons make no effort to reclaim the uniform. If they did within 2-3 years they would have enough of a supply to issue a uniform to a new cadet. After the first year, CAP has no claim to the uniform, but could ask the uniform be voluntary returned. The lack of cordination between the DCP and Logistics exists in the majority of squadrons resulting in nobody asking for the uniform return.
That is true. In my squadron we have a policy that if you draw a uniform from our supply you need to return it if you quit, or if you need a larger uniform or something then exchange it out for your old one. This, of course, rarely happens, and as a result we are nearly out of male blues, and totally out of BDUs. New cadets have to buy BDUs, and we are dependent upon national for uniforms. We get donations from local AFJROTC units occasionally, but it is far and few between, and the uniforms are usually pretty beat up.