honor gaurd

Started by cadet zimmerman, May 12, 2008, 07:05:02 PM

cadet zimmerman

i was wondering if anyone knew where to buy honor gaurd uniforms or if your squadron could donate any

-C/Amn kyle s. zimmerman
Kyle S. B. Zimmerman
C/MSgt CAP
In between squadrons

DC

www.paradestore.com

Glendale is the best place to get honor guard and color guard equipment. Start fundraising though, honor guard gear is not cheap.

SJFedor

I've got a few CAP HG ascotts with the patch affixed, that I'd be willing to part with relatively cheaply.

Steven Fedor, NREMT-P
Master Ambulance Driver
Former Capt, MP, MCPE, MO, MS, GTL, and various other 3-and-4 letter combinations
NESA MAS Instructor, 2008-2010 (#479)

IceNine

Talk to your local VFW, Legion, POW/MIA Group, or what have you.

A lot of time's they will donate what you need in turn for you presenting the colors with them a few times a year.

My local VFW donated a few things a few years ago and in turn we march right behind them in the parades.

It shows the past hero's and future hero's.  Or so says the post commander
"All of the true things that I am about to tell you are shameless lies"

Book of Bokonon
Chapter 4

Gunner C

Last week I couldn't spell honor gaurd.  Now I is one.  >:D

JayT

Quote from: Gunner C on May 14, 2008, 08:15:27 PM
Last week I couldn't spell honor gaurd.  Now I is one.  >:D

Beat me to it!
"Eagerness and thrill seeking in others' misery is psychologically corrosive, and is also rampant in EMS. It's a natural danger of the job. It will be something to keep under control, something to fight against."

notaNCO forever

I know the hock shop sells some things.

cadet zimmerman

thanks all this helps but all we really need is the uniforms them selfs like the shirts jackets and all that
Kyle S. B. Zimmerman
C/MSgt CAP
In between squadrons

JayT

Quote from: cadet zimmerman on May 15, 2008, 07:52:30 PM
thanks all this helps but all we really need is the uniforms them selfs like the shirts jackets and all that

First dude, there's something called capitalization. Comma's are nice to.

Second. Why don't your cadets already have the short sleeve service uniform national issues?

Third. Try local Air Force JROTC units. Try local AFROTC units.
"Eagerness and thrill seeking in others' misery is psychologically corrosive, and is also rampant in EMS. It's a natural danger of the job. It will be something to keep under control, something to fight against."

cadet zimmerman

Ok they do have the dress blues, but not honor guard unifoms i was told to get those.
Kyle S. B. Zimmerman
C/MSgt CAP
In between squadrons

Eclipse

Have any of your people been to HGA? 

If not, they shouldn't be wearing HG uniforms - color guard, maybe, but those are different.

"That Others May Zoom"

DC

Quote from: Eclipse on May 16, 2008, 03:41:16 AM

If not, they shouldn't be wearing HG uniforms - color guard, maybe, but those are different.
There is nothing that says you have to go to HGA to start an Honor Guard. Certainly it is a good idea, but by no means mandatory.

And Zimmerman, look up the Honor Guard uniform in CAPM 39-1. It is basically regular blues with the addition of the ascot, cord and heel taps. If getting the Service Coat (they are somewhat pricey) is a problem then you can just go with the regular service uniform. Again, look it up in 39-1.

JayT

That's incorrect. Reread 39-1.

stillamarine

Try Quartermaster. They are traditionally a supplier of law enforcement type gear but they sell flag harnesses, gloves, and a cheap knockoff of the springfield.

We bought those from there. It aint the best stuff but it's functional and great for the starting detail on a budget.
Tim Gardiner, 1st LT, CAP

USMC AD 1996-2001
USMCR    2001-2005  Admiral, Great State of Nebraska Navy  MS, MO, UDF
tim.gardiner@gmail.com

SJFedor

Quote from: JThemann on May 16, 2008, 01:45:08 PM

That's incorrect. Reread 39-1.

And CAPP 52-8.

Steven Fedor, NREMT-P
Master Ambulance Driver
Former Capt, MP, MCPE, MO, MS, GTL, and various other 3-and-4 letter combinations
NESA MAS Instructor, 2008-2010 (#479)

mikeylikey

What?!?!  You have to go to HGA to be a member of the HG?
What's up monkeys?

Pylon

Quote from: mikeylikey on May 17, 2008, 03:08:26 AM

No, you don't.  But I'm sure it helps to know what you're doing.
Michael F. Kieloch, Maj, CAP

mikeylikey

Quote from: Pylon on May 17, 2008, 03:23:39 AM
Quote from: mikeylikey on May 17, 2008, 03:08:26 AM

No, you don't.  But I'm sure it helps to know what you're doing.

True....I just figured "great soemthing else to pay for before you can something in CAP". 
What's up monkeys?

lordmonar

The problem is that 39-1 specifily says "color guards" are not to wear the Honor Guard uniform.

My question is......what is the difference between a color guard and the HG Colors Element?

:)
PATRICK M. HARRIS, SMSgt, CAP

JC004

Quote from: lordmonar on May 17, 2008, 06:27:21 AM
The problem is that 39-1 specifily says "color guards" are not to wear the Honor Guard uniform.

My question is......what is the difference between a color guard and the HG Colors Element?

:)

The drill, and an HG can't compete, for a couple things.  And, of course, the uniform.   ;)