Main Menu

EMT Question

Started by Danny1310, September 22, 2018, 04:43:48 AM

Danny1310

Can you tell me where you enter your EMT into Eservices and under what dropdown. How do you go about getting the award to wear the badge? Thanks, I am a newer member and the only EMT in the Unit so I thought I would ask on here.

Slim

Hmm....

There isn't any place to enter it.  The logical thought would have been in Ops Quals, under the Ratings and Badges area.  But, that doesn't have an option to enter the EMT badge.

I suppose you could do up a CAPF-2A, and have your commander sign it and insert it into your CAPF 45.

Or, as someone who's worn the badge since they came out with it some 25 years ago, just put the thing on, and if anyone questions your authority to wear it, pull the copy of your EMT license out of your wallet and show them.  Which, BTW, is much easier and quicker than carrying a 2A or looking you up in ops quals, and you can't wear the one without the other anyway.

Slim

beachdoc

I would discuss appointment as Health Services Officer with your commander.  That would be appropriate given your qualifications and is a mechanism to gain promotion as HSO to 2LT.

There is a new program for qualification as HSO coming up in the near future, watch for it!
Major Jeffery S Anderson, M.D., CAP
MAJ, MC, FS, USAR (ret)
Mission Pilot
Squadron Safety Officer/Medical Officer
MER-NC-022
ASMEL Instrument Airplane
Former FAA Senior AME

arajca

Quote from: Slim on September 22, 2018, 06:34:58 AM
Hmm....

There isn't any place to enter it.  The logical thought would have been in Ops Quals, under the Ratings and Badges area.  But, that doesn't have an option to enter the EMT badge.

I suppose you could do up a CAPF-2A, and have your commander sign it and insert it into your CAPF 45.

Or, as someone who's worn the badge since they came out with it some 25 years ago, just put the thing on, and if anyone questions your authority to wear it, pull the copy of your EMT license out of your wallet and show them.  Which, BTW, is much easier and quicker than carrying a 2A or looking you up in ops quals, and you can't wear the one without the other anyway.
It's not an Ops badge like GT or IC, it's a specialty badge like Medical Officer, or Nurse.

Make sure you have a copy of your EMT cert in your file. It is a lifetime wear badge.

Eclipse

So whats the deal with wear today in regards to another badge for that space?

It's still GTM/L/GDB/IC >or< EMT, right?  Lot's of guys wearing EMT over GTM,
but the last time I cared enough to look it up, the regs said either or, and then
NHQ's response direct to members varied by phone extensions.

"That Others May Zoom"

arajca

Actually, the regs says not more than 2 aviation or occupational badges can be worn. So GT & IC, IC & EMT, or GT & EMT are all legal. Plus a few other combinations.

EMT-83

Quote from: beachdoc on September 24, 2018, 01:09:18 AM
I would discuss appointment as Health Services Officer with your commander.  That would be appropriate given your qualifications and is a mechanism to gain promotion as HSO to 2LT.

Actually performing the duties of an HSO is a mechanism to gain a promotion. Simply being appointed, not so much.

wacapgh

Quote from: arajca on September 24, 2018, 04:04:58 PM
Actually, the regs says not more than 2 aviation or occupational badges can be worn. So GT & IC, IC & EMT, or GT & EMT are all legal. Plus a few other combinations.

And Aviation badges must always be worn per CAPM 39-1 , several places - in this example its 5.1.1.3.6.

"Aviation (CAP, USAF or other service Aeronautical, Space, Cyberspace) and Occupational Badges (CAP and USAF). Two embroidered Aviation or Occupational badges may be worn sewn to the shirt ½ inch above the "Civil Air Patrol" tape over the left breast pocket. The second badge will be centered ½ inch above the first badge.

Chaplain and CAP aviation badges are mandatory and will always be worn in the highest position.

Not more than a combined total of two of these badges will be worn on the wearer's left. When more than one CAP aviation badge is authorized,only one will be worn"

If I read this correctly, if you have been authorized to wear CAP Air Crew, GTM, and an EMT badge you must wear the Aircrew Badge, and would have to choose either the GTM or EMT to wear underneath it.

SarDragon

Quote from: wacapgh on September 26, 2018, 07:30:39 PM
Quote from: arajca on September 24, 2018, 04:04:58 PM

And Aviation badges must always be worn per CAPM 39-1 , several places - in this example its 5.1.1.3.6.

"Aviation (CAP, USAF or other service Aeronautical, Space, Cyberspace) and Occupational Badges (CAP and USAF). Two embroidered Aviation or Occupational badges may be worn sewn to the shirt ½ inch above the "Civil Air Patrol" tape over the left breast pocket. The second badge will be centered ½ inch above the first badge.

Chaplain and CAP aviation badges are mandatory and will always be worn in the highest position.

Not more than a combined total of two of these badges will be worn on the wearer's left. When more than one CAP aviation badge is authorized,only one will be worn"

If I read this correctly, if you have been authorized to wear CAP Air Crew, GTM, and an EMT badge you must wear the Aircrew Badge, and would have to choose either the GTM or EMT to wear underneath it.

Correctamundo!
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

Eclipse

The badges are only mandated on the USAF-Style uniforms.  They are optional on corporate variants, though
wear instructions are the same, with the exception of prohibiting the wear of military badges.

"That Others May Zoom"

LSThiker

Quote from: Eclipse on September 26, 2018, 08:56:10 PM
The badges are only mandated on the USAF-Style uniforms.  They are optional on corporate variants, though
wear instructions are the same, with the exception of prohibiting the wear of military badges.

That is true for the aviator shirt and the polo, not for the Corporate Field Uniform:

Quote5.2.1.4.6. Aviation and Occupational Badges (CAP only). <snip> Chaplain and CAP aviation badges are mandatory and will always be worn in the highest position.

Eclipse

Quote from: LSThiker on September 26, 2018, 09:01:29 PM
Quote5.2.1.4.6. Aviation and Occupational Badges (CAP only). <snip> Chaplain and CAP aviation badges are mandatory and will always be worn in the highest position.

Bizzare - not only that only the av badge is mandated, but only on the CFU.

Now that you bring this up, I think we discussed the bizzaritude back in 2014.

"That Others May Zoom"