Member ES Training Records

Started by IceNine, June 21, 2007, 05:53:03 PM

IceNine

Must every member of a unit have an ES File (CAPF 115) even if they have no es training?

How long must ES Training Records be kept after membership is expired/terminated?  Does the 7 year rule apply?

"All of the true things that I am about to tell you are shameless lies"

Book of Bokonon
Chapter 4

Camas

Not sure about the CAPF 115 anymore now that everything is entered into OpsQuals.  However, personnel records are now kept for 5 years after a member fails to renew, not seven.  Re: CAPR 39-2, Section B, Para 1-8

Tubacap

It is my understanding that htey do need at CAPF 115, at least in PAWG because of the sig requirement.  OpsQuals has some issues with verification, and there is no way out of a good ol' fashioned Jon Hancock on a piece of paper. 

That being said, I wish there was a way to make the verifications so everything could be electronic.  It would make life a heck of a lot easier on people who do administration.
William Schlosser, Major CAP
NER-PA-001

RogueLeader

Having things electronic is good, but what happens if the data gets corrupted/lost/wiped out by an EMP?  A paper-trail is still good to have as a backup.
WYWG DP

GRW 3340

IceNine

I understand that members with ES qual's/ sign-offs need a file but what about members without previous training or those seniors who choose not to participate in the ES side of the house?
"All of the true things that I am about to tell you are shameless lies"

Book of Bokonon
Chapter 4

Al Sayre

Having just been through an SUI, the Ops Quals is sufficient.  However, I would recommend that you print the completed SQTRS and put a copy in the member's personnel file so that it can be checked if no computer access is available.  YMMV
Lt Col Al Sayre
MS Wing Staff Dude
Admiral, Great Navy of the State of Nebraska
GRW #2787

Camas

Quote from: Al Sayre on June 22, 2007, 06:08:32 AM
I would recommend that you print the completed SQTRS and put a copy in the member's personnel file so that it can be checked if no computer access is available.

That sounds like a good idea.  Maybe a copy of the 101 card should be added to the file as well.

Spacecenter

I believe all regular members should have OPSEC, ES116 and 117.

OPSEC is obvious as there are discussions at almost every meeting and training that require Operational Security. 116 and 117 give non-ES members that ability to be on Search and ES Bases in uniform-and have coverage. You can "convert" these folks into S types by exposing them.

Remember-you don't have to be aircrew or ground team to be useful on an ES Mission. For example-during the 2 months we worked the North Ridge Earthquake CAWG LG ran a maintenance operation to keep vehicles in operation. That doesn't include all the Base-related functions that some folks out there discount as non-ES.

The whole idea is to expose all members to all three missions. That's why Senior Squadrons such as mine not only fly cadets but welcome them to training (so long as their unit provides a SM as per Cadet Protection and safety). We have an Aerospace meeting each month.

Matt Scherzi

MO, MRO, former Wing DD-LG, former CUL, former Sq OPs, GT, Wing POA.......yada...yada.....and a general pain in the.......
CA434 Since 1991