Attending multiple encampments

Started by jfkspotting, May 30, 2017, 11:10:59 PM

jfkspotting

What is the protocol when attending an encampment, not from your wing? I know there is paperwork required and both commanders signature, but does it operate like a normal encampment? Is it common to see non-wing members in your encampment?

How many of us here have been to more than one?

chuckmilam

ILWG and WIWG used to run their encampments concurrently at Volk Field in Wisconsin, there was a bit of overlap.  It was nice to meet cadets from another wing, and engage in a little friendly rivalry. 

Later, I attended the ILWG encampment as staff and enjoyed the ILWG Flight Encampment as well, both when I was a WIWG cadet.

Everything was pretty much the same for me except the wing patch. 

etodd

^^^ Soungs great and like it should be.

I know of some Wings who have combined their encampments and it didn't go so well in a few areas. Like differences in what uniforms were appropriate, how communications were to be handled, differing vehicle procedures, etc., etc. Some folks came back with headaches.

Wings can be quite different.
"Don't try to explain it, just bow your head
Breathe in, breathe out, move on ..."

rbi90vmi

DC/DE/MD does a tri-wing encampment. One of our cadets attended (we're in VA) because encampment was all that was needed to promote him to C/2LT.

Sent from my LGLS992 using Tapatalk

Майор Хаткевич

Quote from: etodd on May 31, 2017, 01:51:27 AM
^^^ Soungs great and like it should be.

I know of some Wings who have combined their encampments and it didn't go so well in a few areas. Like differences in what uniforms were appropriate, how communications were to be handled, differing vehicle procedures, etc., etc. Some folks came back with headaches.

Wings can be quite different.

Vehicles are corporate assets. There shouldn't be different procedures once at the event.