CAC Chairmen

Started by Cloud Nine, September 10, 2014, 01:21:05 PM

Cloud Nine

Hello Everyone,

I was looking to learn more about CAC and was wondering if there was some sort of list out there listing the chairman for each wing and region.

From what I've seen, CAC is some mysterious council and the cadets go around wearing cool chouldsr cords and apparently make decisions for the cadet program, yet I've asked around and very little seems to be known or "out there" about CAC.

Thanks!

jeders

Well, I would suggest starting with the CAC Guide. It should answer some of your questions, if not you can also try Chapter 7 of CAPR 52-16.

As for what they do, or rather don't do, they don't make decisions for the Cadet Program, they don't plan activities, they don't have any command authority of any kind whatsoever. They advise the commander at their level (Group CAC advises Group Commander) on issues regarding the CP.
If you are confident in you abilities and experience, whether someone else is impressed is irrelevant. - Eclipse

Huey Driver

To answer your question, no, there is no national listing for Wing and Region CAC chairpersons.

Like Jeders stated, the CAC Guide and Chapter 7 of CAPR 52-16 tell you almost everything you need to know about CAC. Also, every echelon should have their own rules & bylaws or constitution, and local procedures/SOPs as well.

Now the opinion section... CAC should never come off as a mysterious council bearing "cool shoulder cords." No matter the echelon, it is the duty of every CAC member to represent the best interests of and communicate with their respective group of cadets. Rather than mysterious, CAC representatives should be democratic and approachable, to foster the ideas and thoughts of their subordinate cadets. Change starts from the ground up, meaning every cadet's ideas should be heard! Should you pursue serving on a CAC, keep in mind that a mysterious presence is no way to communicate. As summed up by the CAC Guide: "Councils that communicate well succeed; those that do not usually fail to accomplish anything of merit and lose credibility in the eyes of cadets and seniors alike."

I'd recommend speaking to your CAC Rep, or go through the chain of command until someone can tell you about your local CAC.
With malice toward none, with charity for all, with firmness in the right...

Flying Pig

Depending on where you are I think you'll find most CACs don't really do much..... And that most cadets lose interest after they have qualified for their ribbon.   

vesryn

So I just got appointed to be my squadron's CAC rep for my group CAC. How do I apply for the ribbon and shoulder cord?
Eaker #3363
NYWG Encampment Cadet Commander 2018
NYWG Encampment '13, '14, '15, '18, '19

wacapgh

CAPR 39-3, Section F, 21-j

Huey Driver

Quote from: wacapgh on September 11, 2014, 07:17:51 PM

but also

Quote from: CAPR 52-16, Chap 7, par. 8Upon successful completion of their term of office, primary representatives and CAC chairs may wear the CAC ribbon, with the echelon commander's approval.
With malice toward none, with charity for all, with firmness in the right...

vesryn

Quote from: JerseyCadet on September 11, 2014, 09:40:50 PM
Quote from: wacapgh on September 11, 2014, 07:17:51 PM

but also,
Quote from: CAPR 52-16, Chap 7, par. 8Upon successful completion of their term of office, primary representatives and CAC chairs may wear the CAC ribbon, with the echelon commander's approval.

Thanks guys
Eaker #3363
NYWG Encampment Cadet Commander 2018
NYWG Encampment '13, '14, '15, '18, '19