Another Hopefully Non-Locking Thread

Started by ColonelJack, April 06, 2007, 02:46:22 PM

fyrfitrmedic

Quote from: JC004 on April 07, 2007, 12:13:04 AM
Quote from: Psicorp on April 06, 2007, 09:56:20 PM

Is that the production design for the PA plate?   Kind of a bummer about the MajCom badge, but guess you can't have everything.   It's almost worth moving to PA for, and I do have family there   ;)

That's the final proof sent from PennDOT to PAWG for our approval.  I had the same thought about the command patch, but that's the way it goes.  Nice look overall.  I understand that our friends in orange will soon begin stamping these for us when the administrative stuff is squared away.

Looks like there are 162 special organization plates in PA, including the Coast Guard Auxiliary (never noticed any of the auxies I know to have one though).

... also including specialty tags for fans of various NASCAR competitors.

Go figure.
MAJ Tony Rowley CAP
Lansdowne PA USA
"The passion of rescue reveals the highest dynamic of the human soul." -- Kurt Hahn

JC004

Quote from: fyrfitrmedic on April 07, 2007, 12:34:58 AM
Quote from: Psicorp on April 06, 2007, 09:56:20 PM

Is that the production design for the PA plate?   Kind of a bummer about the MajCom badge, but guess you can't have everything.   It's almost worth moving to PA for, and I do have family there   ;)

That's the final proof sent from PennDOT to PAWG for our approval.  I had the same thought about the command patch, but that's the way it goes.  Nice look overall.  I understand that our friends in orange will soon begin stamping these for us when the administrative stuff is squared away.

Looks like there are 162 special organization plates in PA, including the Coast Guard Auxiliary (never noticed any of the auxies I know to have one though).

... also including specialty tags for fans of various NASCAR competitors.

Go figure.

...and the National Wild Turkey Federation.  I hope that's 101 proof, not that 80 crap.   :o  ;D

DNall

Nice look overall.  I understand that our friends in orange will soon begin stamping these for us when the administrative stuff is squared away.
I thought you treated your HMRS grads better than that.... sorry, couldn't resist.  >:D

How about this:

I don't even know how many they off, I'm not counting all that, but there's some good ones: http://www.dot.state.tx.us/services/vehicle_titles_and_registration/specialty_plates/

pixelwonk

Just waiting on "IFINDU" in about six weeks.  I currently have my old call sign on Amateur radio plates so it's time for a change.

If my first choice is taken, then it's "DF4ELT" :)

JC004

Quote from: tedda on April 07, 2007, 01:05:55 AM
Just waiting on "IFINDU" in about six weeks.

I like that one!

Make sure to add a "get lost" bumper sticker?

JohnKachenmeister

Quote from: JC004 on April 06, 2007, 04:33:51 PM
Maybe this?  (ewwww!)

JC:

Is that plate for Corporate vehicles or members' personal cars?
Another former CAP officer

JC004

Quote from: JohnKachenmeister on April 07, 2007, 01:54:42 AM

JC:

Is that plate for Corporate vehicles or members' personal cars?

Personal vehicles.  Our vans and such have blue background/white lettering "MUNICIPAL" tags, which is standard for state, county, and local government vehicles.

Pylon

New York has these for personal vehicles:

I don't have one, however.  Haven't thought too much about vanity plates; I give enough money to New York government. 

Michael F. Kieloch, Maj, CAP

RogueLeader

Who said you could steal my thread name?!?  >:( >:( >:(

Just kidding ;D ;D ;D ;D;D ;D ;D ;D
WYWG DP

GRW 3340

afgeo4

New York charges an arm and a leg annually for CAP plates which are classified as Emergency Vehicle plates even though neither CAP corp or CAP POVs are emergency vehicles and are not authorized to be operated with any emergency light/beacon aside from amber.

The CAP plate renewal is annual and requires you to send in an application, fee, and copy of your current CAP ID.
GEORGE LURYE

Pylon

Quote from: afgeo4 on April 09, 2007, 04:41:53 AM
New York charges an arm and a leg annually for CAP plates which are classified as Emergency Vehicle plates even though neither CAP corp or CAP POVs are emergency vehicles and are not authorized to be operated with any emergency light/beacon aside from amber.

The CAP plate renewal is annual and requires you to send in an application, fee, and copy of your current CAP ID.

Sounds like a typical New York pile of paperwork, red tape and (of course!) heavy fees for something as simple as an organizational vanity plate.

Which is why my car is currently sporting Quebecois plates.  :P
Michael F. Kieloch, Maj, CAP

Becks

Given the alternatives here in SC, Ill stick with my guard plate.

BBATW

RogueLeader

Iowa is toying around with creating CAP plates, but no word yet.  Hope to see it soon.
WYWG DP

GRW 3340

afgeo4

Quote from: Pylon on April 09, 2007, 01:02:15 PM

Sounds like a typical New York pile of paperwork, red tape and (of course!) heavy fees for something as simple as an organizational vanity plate.

Wearing U.S. Civil Air Patrol tapes while in a Canadian registered vehicle?  Odd... very odd.
GEORGE LURYE

RogueLeader

Quote from: afgeo4 on April 10, 2007, 09:37:28 PM
Quote from: Pylon on April 09, 2007, 01:02:15 PM

Wearing U.S. Civil Air Patrol tapes while in a Canadian registered vehicle?  Odd... very odd.
It's even more odd to be riding in a vehicle made in Mexico.
WYWG DP

GRW 3340