Another Hopefully Non-Locking Thread

Started by ColonelJack, April 06, 2007, 02:46:22 PM

ColonelJack

Okay, friends ... let's put our creative minds to work here.

If you could have any one personalized and/or vanity license plate for your own car, what would you put there?  It can be CAP-specfic or not, and you can list what you currently use if you have one.

My dream plate:  HEY 4Q2  (sound it out)

The one I'd probably get:  KILTED

Jack
Jack Bagley, Ed. D.
Lt. Col., CAP (now inactive)
Gill Robb Wilson Award No. 1366, 29 Nov 1991
Admiral, Great Navy of the State of Nebraska
Honorary Admiral, Navy of the Republic of Molossia

Psicorp

I'm going to be starting Private Pilot training this fall, so for all the BSG geeks, I'd get:   NUGGET
Jamie Kahler, Capt., CAP
(C/Lt Col, ret.)
CC
GLR-MI-257

MIKE

Mike Johnston

sschwab

In Missouri, you can actually get a personal plate with the CAP emblem on it.  I think it is just the regular personal plate price, plus $15 contributed toward CAP.  I know AV8R and SAR are both taken.   For me, maybe ITO, N-182, or MSING (missing).

Scott

JC004

Eclipse

I am an MSF instructor, and the plate on my bike is

SIPDE

Part of the curriculum included the mental process of riding and processing hazards:

S - Scan
I - Identify
P - Predict
D - Decide
E - Execute

Then, in a move akin to our Safety Pledge, someone at the MSF decide SIPDE was too complicated, so they
changed it to "SEE".

S - Scan
E - Evaluate
E - Execute

LONG LIVE THE OLD SCHOOL!!!!!

"That Others May Zoom"

carnold1836

At one point in time I almost bought a black 1963 Ford Falcon convertible the plate for it would have been either BLK BRD or SR 71.

Then I had a grey 1983 Chrysler 5th Ave and wanted to get the plate BB 35.

Now not sure what I would get.
Chris Arnold, 1st Lt, CAP
Pegasus Composite Squadron

SarDragon

WIWOAD, I worked in test equipment calibration, and wanted CALIBR8, but somebody else beat me to it. Haven't come up with any better ideas recently, although I might get this for my Suburban - SAR BURB
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

bosshawk

One of mine is FLYOV1.  Again, a lack of imagination: I flew OV-1s in the Army.

I also have USAR RET.  Again, no imagination.
Paul M. Reed
Col, USA(ret)
Former CAP Lt Col
Wilson #2777

jayleswo

Mine's IMPILOT

John Aylesworth
Commander, PCR-CA-151
John Aylesworth, Lt Col CAP

SAR/DR MP, Mission Check Pilot Examiner, Master Observer
Earhart #1139 FEB 1982

DNall

Quote from: sschwab on April 06, 2007, 04:16:25 PM
In Missouri, you can actually get a personal plate with the CAP emblem on it.  I think it is just the regular personal plate price, plus $15 contributed toward CAP. 
In Texas, the corp vehicles (vans) get exempt plates (mostly) jus tlike patrol cars & such. We also have CAP plates for member owned:

$10/yr over regular registration. Not too exciting though (you don't get to pick the lettering either). That Penn plate looks pretty sweet.

JC004

Quote from: DNall on April 06, 2007, 08:38:44 PM
Quote from: sschwab on April 06, 2007, 04:16:25 PM
In Missouri, you can actually get a personal plate with the CAP emblem on it.  I think it is just the regular personal plate price, plus $15 contributed toward CAP. 
In Texas, the corp vehicles (vans) get exempt plates (mostly) jus tlike patrol cars & such. We also have CAP plates for member owned:

$10/yr over regular registration. Not too exciting though (you don't get to pick the lettering either). That Penn plate looks pretty sweet.

I expected better from Texas Correctional Industries.  They make some cool stuff.  I like the fact that they also make police leather products.   ;D

DNall

Yeah they make some pretty good ones, but this and a stack of others are just boring.

mikeylikey

What's up monkeys?

Psicorp

Quote from: DNall on April 06, 2007, 09:33:25 PM
Yeah they make some pretty good ones, but this and a stack of others are just boring.

Maybe...but I applaud states that offer a CAP licence plate, whether the proceeds go to CAP or not.  It's all about official recognition.   I'd get one if Michigan offered it.
Jamie Kahler, Capt., CAP
(C/Lt Col, ret.)
CC
GLR-MI-257

JC004

Quote from: Psicorp on April 06, 2007, 09:48:43 PM

Maybe...but I applaud states that offer a CAP licence plate, whether the proceeds go to CAP or not.  It's all about official recognition.   I'd get one if Michigan offered it.

MI would probably issue them if there is enough interest.  You'd have to find out what the minimums are.  Ours has been a work in progress for years, and it has just now been approved and proofed.  This is the proof plate from a few weeks ago.

Psicorp

Quote from: JC004 on April 06, 2007, 09:53:15 PM
Quote from: Psicorp on April 06, 2007, 09:48:43 PM

MI would probably issue them if there is enough interest.  You'd have to find out what the minimums are.  Ours has been a work in progress for years, and it has just now been approved and proofed.  This is the proof plate from a few weeks ago.

Is that the production design for the PA plate?   Kind of a bummer about the MajCom badge, but guess you can't have everything.   It's almost worth moving to PA for, and I do have family there   ;)
Jamie Kahler, Capt., CAP
(C/Lt Col, ret.)
CC
GLR-MI-257

sardak

Quote from: SarDragon on April 06, 2007, 06:17:11 PM
although I might get this for my Suburban - SAR BURB
I ordered SARBRBN for mine.  Unfortunately, there must have been a shortage of plate makers in the pen, because after two years, the plates still hadn't arrived.  I moved out of state and never got them.  I no longer own a Sub.

The Colorado SAR Board looked at getting SAR plates to go along with the other 90+ special plates in the state.  The state requires 3,000 signatures before they will consider a special plate (with of course, exceptions).  Fat chance of that happening, and it didn't.

So, I like a number of other SAR people, have 10th Mountain Division plates.  They can't be personalized, though.  The 10th developed a number of the techniques used in mountain rescue today (as well as developing the Colorado ski industry).

Colorado also issued commemorative plates for the 50th anniversary of the USAF.  Being commemorative plates, they don't require the applicant to be a (former) member of the organizations.  The state issues many military plates that do require proof of service, active or retired.

Mike

fyrfitrmedic

I have a vanity tag that's currently in limbo; PennDOT has bollixed the transfer from my old SUV to my new light truck in a big way...

That being said, if the vanity-tag issue isn't resolved favorably, I'd consider getting a CAP tag for my truck [provided PennDOT doesn't fotch that up too].
MAJ Tony Rowley CAP
Lansdowne PA USA
"The passion of rescue reveals the highest dynamic of the human soul." -- Kurt Hahn

JC004

Quote from: Psicorp on April 06, 2007, 09:56:20 PM

Is that the production design for the PA plate?   Kind of a bummer about the MajCom badge, but guess you can't have everything.   It's almost worth moving to PA for, and I do have family there   ;)

That's the final proof sent from PennDOT to PAWG for our approval.  I had the same thought about the command patch, but that's the way it goes.  Nice look overall.  I understand that our friends in orange will soon begin stamping these for us when the administrative stuff is squared away.

Looks like there are 162 special organization plates in PA, including the Coast Guard Auxiliary (never noticed any of the auxies I know to have one though).

fyrfitrmedic

Quote from: JC004 on April 07, 2007, 12:13:04 AM

That's the final proof sent from PennDOT to PAWG for our approval.  I had the same thought about the command patch, but that's the way it goes.  Nice look overall.  I understand that our friends in orange will soon begin stamping these for us when the administrative stuff is squared away.

Looks like there are 162 special organization plates in PA, including the Coast Guard Auxiliary (never noticed any of the auxies I know to have one though).

... also including specialty tags for fans of various NASCAR competitors.

Go figure.
MAJ Tony Rowley CAP
Lansdowne PA USA
"The passion of rescue reveals the highest dynamic of the human soul." -- Kurt Hahn

JC004

Quote from: fyrfitrmedic on April 07, 2007, 12:34:58 AM

... also including specialty tags for fans of various NASCAR competitors.

Go figure.

...and the National Wild Turkey Federation.  I hope that's 101 proof, not that 80 crap.   :o  ;D

DNall

Nice look overall.  I understand that our friends in orange will soon begin stamping these for us when the administrative stuff is squared away.
I thought you treated your HMRS grads better than that.... sorry, couldn't resist.  >:D

How about this:

I don't even know how many they off, I'm not counting all that, but there's some good ones: http://www.dot.state.tx.us/services/vehicle_titles_and_registration/specialty_plates/

pixelwonk

Just waiting on "IFINDU" in about six weeks.  I currently have my old call sign on Amateur radio plates so it's time for a change.

If my first choice is taken, then it's "DF4ELT" :)

JC004

Quote from: tedda on April 07, 2007, 01:05:55 AM
Just waiting on "IFINDU" in about six weeks.

I like that one!

Make sure to add a "get lost" bumper sticker?

JohnKachenmeister

Quote from: JC004 on April 06, 2007, 04:33:51 PM
Maybe this?  (ewwww!)

JC:

Is that plate for Corporate vehicles or members' personal cars?
Another former CAP officer

JC004

Quote from: JohnKachenmeister on April 07, 2007, 01:54:42 AM

JC:

Is that plate for Corporate vehicles or members' personal cars?

Personal vehicles.  Our vans and such have blue background/white lettering "MUNICIPAL" tags, which is standard for state, county, and local government vehicles.

Pylon

New York has these for personal vehicles:

I don't have one, however.  Haven't thought too much about vanity plates; I give enough money to New York government. 

Michael F. Kieloch, Maj, CAP

RogueLeader

Who said you could steal my thread name?!?  >:( >:( >:(

Just kidding ;D ;D ;D ;D;D ;D ;D ;D
WYWG DP

GRW 3340

afgeo4

New York charges an arm and a leg annually for CAP plates which are classified as Emergency Vehicle plates even though neither CAP corp or CAP POVs are emergency vehicles and are not authorized to be operated with any emergency light/beacon aside from amber.

The CAP plate renewal is annual and requires you to send in an application, fee, and copy of your current CAP ID.
GEORGE LURYE

Pylon

Quote from: afgeo4 on April 09, 2007, 04:41:53 AM
New York charges an arm and a leg annually for CAP plates which are classified as Emergency Vehicle plates even though neither CAP corp or CAP POVs are emergency vehicles and are not authorized to be operated with any emergency light/beacon aside from amber.

The CAP plate renewal is annual and requires you to send in an application, fee, and copy of your current CAP ID.

Sounds like a typical New York pile of paperwork, red tape and (of course!) heavy fees for something as simple as an organizational vanity plate.

Which is why my car is currently sporting Quebecois plates.  :P
Michael F. Kieloch, Maj, CAP

Becks

Given the alternatives here in SC, Ill stick with my guard plate.

BBATW

RogueLeader

Iowa is toying around with creating CAP plates, but no word yet.  Hope to see it soon.
WYWG DP

GRW 3340

afgeo4

Quote from: Pylon on April 09, 2007, 01:02:15 PM

Sounds like a typical New York pile of paperwork, red tape and (of course!) heavy fees for something as simple as an organizational vanity plate.

Wearing U.S. Civil Air Patrol tapes while in a Canadian registered vehicle?  Odd... very odd.
GEORGE LURYE

RogueLeader

Quote from: afgeo4 on April 10, 2007, 09:37:28 PM
Quote from: Pylon on April 09, 2007, 01:02:15 PM

Wearing U.S. Civil Air Patrol tapes while in a Canadian registered vehicle?  Odd... very odd.
It's even more odd to be riding in a vehicle made in Mexico.
WYWG DP

GRW 3340