New Narrow Band System

Started by connelly, March 28, 2007, 01:51:36 AM

Major Lord

Quote from: SarDragon on April 04, 2007, 11:13:58 PM
Quote from: Matt on April 04, 2007, 09:04:55 PMMy question is, can the narrowband hear you?  The theoretical side of things would be no, because when the radio begins to distance and it's wave starts to deter from the actual frequency they shouldn't, hence why we're taking steps together, not just one then 5, then 10, etc...

Huh? Frequency doesn't change as a function of distance. If it did, then HF wouldn't work very well.

The wide band and narrow band folks can hear each other, but not very well.

Frequency does not change, but phase does. At longer range Phase modulation is superimposed noticeably on the (mostly) Frequency Modulated wave form. So he was sort of right in a very oblique way...Generally not a noticeable phenmon on terrestrial signals , but hell from outer space and moon bounce....

P.S. Narrow band receivers have distortion (clipping) when receiving wide band signals, and wide band receivers have low volume when listening to narrow band signals.

Capt. Lord
"The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the iniquities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he, who in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who would attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee."