Lightspeed Gift & Grant Program Vote for CAP

Started by Al Sayre, April 23, 2010, 06:16:06 PM

Al Sayre

In case you haven't seen it, I've attached a memo from General Courter regarding Lightspeed Headset's Gift & Grant program and an opportunity for CAP to get some $$$.  Please read the memo and go vote for CAP.

Here is a direct link to the voting page:  http://www.lightspeedaviation.com/content.cfm/Company/Foundation/Your-Vote-Counts

Lt Col Al Sayre
MS Wing Staff Dude
Admiral, Great Navy of the State of Nebraska
GRW #2787

FastAttack

I voted :)

plus I own LightSpeed Headsets , from a 25XL , to the 30g to the new zulu.. I love them all , so of course I want to see CAP get some monies from them , plus its a product that sells and we are guaranteed some funds from them! :)

Mustang

Great and all, but where's the NHQ-negotiated DISCOUNT FOR MEMBERS???
"Amateurs train until they get it right; Professionals train until they cannot get it wrong. "

mynetdude

Quote from: Mustang on April 25, 2010, 09:27:02 PM
Great and all, but where's the NHQ-negotiated DISCOUNT FOR MEMBERS???

Wouldn't that defeat the point of the grant? If we got it discounted = less money to NHQ?

I dunno $10k isn't very much if you ask me we have lots of wings and lots of squadrons and $10k would be gone in a hurry.

Al Sayre

It beats a poke in the eye with a sharp stick...  Lightspeed decided they would do this for all GA charitable groups, not just CAP.  There are about 10-15 groups that you can vote for, winner gets the grant.  The program is what it is, vote or don't. 

Why argue about discounts when they have nothing to do with this program?  Getting CAP members a discount is an entirely different discussion our leadership could/should be having with Lightspeed.
Lt Col Al Sayre
MS Wing Staff Dude
Admiral, Great Navy of the State of Nebraska
GRW #2787

Dailey

Go to this page and vote for CAP
http://www.lightspeedaviation.com/content.cfm/Company/Foundation/Your-Vote-Counts
It takes about 15 seconds and the money will go to CAP as a whole(if we get enough voters).
Joshua Dailey, C/SrA CAP
Administrative Cadet
Skagit Composite Squadron
Alternate CAC Representative
Washington Wing

JeffDG

All due respect, I put my vote in for Veteran's Airlift

Eclipse

"That Others May Zoom"

IceNine

Quote from: JeffDG on April 30, 2010, 03:19:07 PM
All due respect, I put my vote in for Veteran's Airlift

How dare you vote for a worthy cause!
"All of the true things that I am about to tell you are shameless lies"

Book of Bokonon
Chapter 4

MIKE

Mike Johnston

Capt Rivera

Bump:  Voted for CAP

I wonder if this topic would do better for CAP in the membership or lobby sections...

The nature of the grant has to do with aviation... however... any grant is a whole membership concern...

I don't spend to much time in this section of CAP Talk, however, I do meet the requirements to vote... I may not be the only one...
//Signed//

Joshua Rivera, Capt, CAP
Squadron Commander
Grand Forks Composite Squadron
North Dakota Wing, Civil Air Patrol
http://www.grandforkscap.org