Is this allowed in general?

Started by The CyBorg is destroyed, November 18, 2011, 10:24:25 PM

Salty

The F-16 pilots, Flight Surgeon and I wore "Friday" patches on our flightsuits when I was in the USAF (1994-1998).
CAP Cadet 1989-1994
CAP Senior Member 1994-1995, 2011-current
USAF Aeromedical Technician 1994-1998

Hawk200

Quote from: SarDragon on November 21, 2011, 01:41:48 AM
IMHO, the AF took the "fun" out of things many years ago. When I was stationed at Misawa AB in the mid '70s, they had already started. It was even worse 10 years later. They had little, if any, sense of humour about things that were tacitly encouraged by the Navy, Army, and Marine Corps.
So, were you around for the "Official SAC Worrier" patches?

Short Field

Quote from: sarmed1 on November 20, 2011, 01:35:07 PM
Surpisingly very few CAP outside of CAPTALK seem to be the uniform/reg nazi's you find here... likely any patch you wear on the right side of the flight suit will not meet any criticism.  And if some one does, pull the classic senior answer: "My squadron commander told me I can."

mk
Yea, I had a CAP Capt strolling around an Air Show in his flight suit with his specialty name tag, morale patch, and subdued blue rank give me that excuse.  Actually he said his squadron commander wore the same uniform items to their meetings.  So I took a picture of him and sent it to the Wing Commander with his comments.  I am sure his squadron commander appreciated his efforts.
SAR/DR MP, ARCHOP, AOBD, GTM1, GBD, LSC, FASC, LO, PIO, MSO(T), & IC2
Wilson #2640

Hawk200

Quote from: Short Field on November 21, 2011, 11:04:14 PM
Quote from: sarmed1 on November 20, 2011, 01:35:07 PM
Surpisingly very few CAP outside of CAPTALK seem to be the uniform/reg nazi's you find here... likely any patch you wear on the right side of the flight suit will not meet any criticism.  And if some one does, pull the classic senior answer: "My squadron commander told me I can."

mk
Yea, I had a CAP Capt strolling around an Air Show in his flight suit with his specialty name tag, morale patch, and subdued blue rank give me that excuse.  Actually he said his squadron commander wore the same uniform items to their meetings.  So I took a picture of him and sent it to the Wing Commander with his comments.  I am sure his squadron commander appreciated his efforts.
Yeah, don't you love it when a CO "authorizes" things? Especially when it's things that have no precedent in the manual?

Edited for grammar.

a2capt

But.. you were just being helpful, and showing them what a good example they are setting with their uniform..  8)

Buzz

Quote from: CyBorg on November 19, 2011, 08:59:18 PM
or, as a qualified Observer...

Are those Master Bartender Wings?  It sure looks like a bottle opener to me . . .

The CyBorg is destroyed

Nah, though that's a good joke!

They're RAF Observer wings, which became Navigator (with an "N" in the middle).
Exiled from GLR-MI-011