Main Menu

Im sorry

Started by Flying Pig, June 08, 2010, 04:07:40 AM

Flying Pig

Yes, Im sorry to do this, but I am posting a uniform thread.

Can we PLEASE get away from wearing the grey slacks with the blue polo shirt and maybe go to khaki like the VSAF program?  Im not a big fashion guy, but these grey slacks need to go.  I think I got asked 5 times today if the nursing home knew I was gone.  NOBODY wears grey slacks anymore.  I cant hardly even find them at the store.

And really, Im moderately young and exceptionally good looking.  Seriously.....it looks nasty.

Майор Хаткевич

Black, Tan, Brown, w/e looks ten times better than gray.

Flying Pig

OK, so its not just me?  Im thinking tan because its pretty much become industry standard in the LE/EMS community, and its a cooler color instead a dark.  Especially when wearing it in the summer. 

JC004

Pre-thread apology doesn't count!  Off with your head!   >:D

Eclipse

So looking like Best Buy employees is somehow "better"?

"That Others May Zoom"

JC004

Quote from: Eclipse on June 08, 2010, 04:27:25 AM

Absolutely.  I've always wanted to do this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=utkkXCF8ZVc

The CyBorg is destroyed

Count me in with the anti-grey brigade.

I have enough grey in my hair.

I accept, even though I profoundly disagree with, National being so scared of blue for fear of ticking off the AF...but I have never understood, why grey?
Exiled from GLR-MI-011

a2capt

Quote from: JC004 on June 08, 2010, 04:30:07 AM
Absolutely.  I've always wanted to do this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=utkkXCF8ZVc
Except you got beat by a couple of weeks at least...  ;D
Some other thread that got whacked off, I posted this thing. There was a comment about the first time a DVD was probably sold without a service contract.

I, too- despise the grays. What, was today the first time you tried that combination?
I don't have issues with an alternate uniform, just that un-uniform combination because you can't just buy the same thing as the next guy. There is no standard.

JC004

Quote from: a2capt on June 08, 2010, 06:29:58 AM
Quote from: JC004 on June 08, 2010, 04:30:07 AM
Except you got beat by a couple of weeks at least...  ;D
Some other thread that got whacked off, I posted this thing. There was a comment about the first time a DVD was probably sold without a service contract.

I, too- despise the grays. What, was today the first time you tried that combination?
I don't have issues with an alternate uniform, just that un-uniform combination because you can't just buy the same thing as the next guy. There is no standard.

You aren't allowed to steal my ideas in advance.  Do not make me send the Triangle Thingy to you.

flyboy53

Gee, someone with common sense?.....especially since the VSAF uniform and Air Force standard for the same type of uniform khaki pants.

Trung Si Ma

I'll go one step farther - specify the manufacturer(Dockers?) and style (pleated or non-pleated).  If the golf shirt continues to be the predominant "uniform" let's make it uniform.

I'll even give Vanguard a couple of bucks extra if it comes to that.
Freedom isn't free - I paid for it

vmstan

I don't really have a problem with the grays, but I would probably prefer khaki.
MICHAEL M STANCLIFT, 1st Lt, CAP
Public Affairs Officer, NCR-KS-055, Heartland Squadron

Quote"I wish to compliment NHQ on this extremely well and clearly written regulation.
This publication once and for all should establish the uniform pattern to be followed
throughout Civil Air Patrol."

1949 Uniform and Insignia Committee comment on CAP Reg 35-4

Custer

Quote from: a2capt on June 08, 2010, 06:29:58 AM
One state - Indiana I think (though I could be wrong there) Standardized these http://www.bdu.com/F520138020.html as what to wear with the polo shirt.  standard color, looks good, and functional.  Makes it somewhat like the operational polo shirt uniform used by the CGA.  Its what I'll be using.

I was hesitant to say this earlier, but its been my observation in MY end of California that a lot of members wear Khaki pants with the polo shirt uniform anyway.  I really expected that to be in the Wing 39-1 supplement, it was so widespread.  And we have Wing headquarters right down the street from here.

Still though - now what do you do with the blazer & aviator shirt?  The pants requirement for those is still gray, but a tighter definition, my new gray BDU pants wont work for those.  At least with the white shirt you can still wear blue pants for another 18 months  My guess is that some well meaning person at Wing figured we all had gray pants already for use with the Blazer so they were being economical by just saying use them for the other two uniforms too.  But the gray pants I have for my blazer outfit are dress up type and are not something that would hold up in field duty.

Custer

Best Buy, Petco, Wal-Mart & I think Target.  I work part time at a Staples and the people doing our store redesign are wearing blue polos over Khaki, its a very common retail uniform, the other one being red over black.

davidsinn

Quote from: Custer on June 08, 2010, 02:03:58 PM
Best Buy, Petco, Wal-Mart & I think Target.  I work part time at a Staples and the people doing our store redesign are wearing blue polos over Khaki, its a very common retail uniform, the other one being red over black.

I got mistaken for a walmart employee once while I was in my freaking BBDU. It doesn't matter what you wear there are idiots everywhere that will mistake you for something else.
Former CAP Captain
David Sinn

vmstan

Quote from: Custer on June 08, 2010, 01:56:13 PM
One state - Indiana I think (though I could be wrong there) Standardized these http://www.bdu.com/F520138020.html as what to wear with the polo shirt.  standard color, looks good, and functional.  Makes it somewhat like the operational polo shirt uniform used by the CGA.  Its what I'll be using.

Those look a lot nicer and more functional than the pair I bought at Kohls, and cheaper too.
MICHAEL M STANCLIFT, 1st Lt, CAP
Public Affairs Officer, NCR-KS-055, Heartland Squadron

Quote"I wish to compliment NHQ on this extremely well and clearly written regulation.
This publication once and for all should establish the uniform pattern to be followed
throughout Civil Air Patrol."

1949 Uniform and Insignia Committee comment on CAP Reg 35-4

cap235629

Quote from: Trung Si Ma on June 08, 2010, 11:07:38 AM
I'll go one step farther - specify the manufacturer(Dockers?) and style (pleated or non-pleated).  If the golf shirt continues to be the predominant "uniform" let's make it uniform.

I'll even give Vanguard a couple of bucks extra if it comes to that.

Good luck in finding dockers with a waist larger than 44 inches
Bill Hobbs, Major, CAP
Arkansas Certified Emergency Manager
Tabhair 'om póg, is Éireannach mé

jimmydeanno

The polo came out after the blazer/aviator combo.  They probably selected grey because everyone who wore the blazer/aviator already had grey pants.  We (universal, we) complain all the time that new uniform items are implemented without consideration of cost to the member.  Seems like it was a perfect choice to keep the expense of the uniform down.

As for finding grey slacks, I've never had a problem.  I just go to JCPenny or Kohls or Sears or Macy's and pick up a set in the suit section.  $30 and I'm out.  I can also wear them with other stuff.
If you have ten thousand regulations you destroy all respect for the law. - Winston Churchill

cap235629

Quote from: jimmydeanno on June 08, 2010, 04:51:32 PM
The polo came out after the blazer/aviator combo.  They probably selected grey because everyone who wore the blazer/aviator already had grey pants.  We (universal, we) complain all the time that new uniform items are implemented without consideration of cost to the member.  Seems like it was a perfect choice to keep the expense of the uniform down.

As for finding grey slacks, I've never had a problem.  I just go to JCPenny or Kohls or Sears or Macy's and pick up a set in the suit section.  $30 and I'm out.  I can also wear them with other stuff.

don't forget wally world.

They even have sizes that fit us undesirable, disgusting, torture on the eyes, slovenly, worthless, lazy, embarrassing, ignorant, stupid, ugly and useless fat and fuzzies.
Bill Hobbs, Major, CAP
Arkansas Certified Emergency Manager
Tabhair 'om póg, is Éireannach mé

bosshawk

While I normally don't participate in uniform posts, let me jog PCR members memories: the Region CC put out an email prior to the Region Conference recently, to the effect that polo shirt and either gray or khaki pants were acceptable.   ????????

Also, COSTCO usually stocks perfectly acceptable gray wash pants: my favorite haberdashery.
Paul M. Reed
Col, USA(ret)
Former CAP Lt Col
Wilson #2777