G1000 linked to Foreflight

Started by etodd, November 05, 2018, 02:30:51 AM

etodd

How many of you using G1000 and the Pro Plus version of Foreflight, have linked them with bluetooth?  When was this available?

OK. Question answered elsewhere. Our ADS-B was installed a few months ago in the G1000, and this is when bluetooth starting working. Full synthetic vision, wx, traffic, AHRS, etc, now works with iPad.
"Don't try to explain it, just bow your head
Breathe in, breathe out, move on ..."

NIN

Quote from: etodd on November 05, 2018, 02:30:51 AM
How many of you using G1000 and the Pro Plus version of Foreflight, have linked them with bluetooth?  When was this available?

OK. Question answered elsewhere. Our ADS-B was installed a few months ago in the G1000, and this is when bluetooth starting working. Full synthetic vision, wx, traffic, AHRS, etc, now works with iPad.
I flew in one of our G1000 + Garmin AP equipped aircraft recently where are the pilot was using Pro Plus foreflight. I was all the way on the other side of the cockpit and utterly amazed at the capabilities.
Darin Ninness, Col, CAP
I have no responsibilities whatsoever
I like to have Difficult Adult Conversations™
The contents of this post are Copyright © 2007-2024 by NIN. All rights are reserved. Specific permission is given to quote this post here on CAP-Talk only.

PHall

Quote from: NIN on November 06, 2018, 06:27:44 PM
Quote from: etodd on November 05, 2018, 02:30:51 AM

I flew in one of our G1000 + Garmin AP equipped aircraft recently where are the pilot was using Pro Plus foreflight. I was all the way on the other side of the cockpit and utterly amazed at the capabilities.

Just don't get so busy playing with the new toys that you forget to fly the airplane!
One of the problems that seem to happen when an older design gets a new "glass" cockpit is that until you're proficient with the system you tend to spend a LOT of time with your head down.
Remember, the plane flies because of Barnuli, not Marconi!

etodd

Yep.  My first experience with a G1000 was in our squadron's plane. For the first few hours I think I would glance down at the steam gauges more than I did the PFD.  Information overload. LOL  Now that I have about 200 hours in the plane, it's amazing how much information you can get with just a quick glance down and then look back outside. You do not have to look around the cockpit nearly as much to find the information. It's all packed to together closely.  I really enjoyed getting my instrument rating in it recently.  Having the information displayed in foreflight on my iPad as a back up if needed is great.
"Don't try to explain it, just bow your head
Breathe in, breathe out, move on ..."