The proper wear of CAP ribbons

Started by AlphaSigOU, September 30, 2007, 04:37:30 PM

teesquared

Quote from: AlphaSigOU on October 20, 2007, 05:47:16 PM
Quote from: SAR-EMT1 on October 19, 2007, 05:02:54 PM
Does Ultrathin stock CAP and / or USCG-Aux ribbons?

Yup. The only one they don't stock right now is the new 'Blue Hornet' - aka the National Commander's Unit Citation. You will need to send 'em an NCUC ribbon for mounting. It's placed before the 'Green Weenie' (Unit Citation) but after the Certificate of Recognition for Lifesaving.

They do stock it (NCUC), they just don't show it (yet) in their web site. I have gotten the NCUC from them.
Maj Terry Thompson
DP/DA   RMR-CO-147

jpnelson82

very cool, and useful little .pdf. I still have a question. As I read the manual only the highest award earned as a cadet may be worn on a Senior member's uniform. My cadet unit (GA- 116 aka PTC-FF Comp Sqdn.) earned the green commander's commendation ribbon, does that outweigh my Earhart ribbon?
Captain Nelson, John P.
SWR-AZ-064 (senior)
SER-GA-116 (cadet)

Mitchell Award 43981
Earhart Award 10643
IACE 2000

ßτε

Quote from: jpnelson82 on March 31, 2008, 01:42:16 AM
very cool, and useful little .pdf. I still have a question. As I read the manual only the highest award earned as a cadet may be worn on a Senior member's uniform. My cadet unit (GA- 116 aka PTC-FF Comp Sqdn.) earned the green commander's commendation ribbon, does that outweigh my Earhart ribbon?

You would wear the Earhart as your highest cadet award and the Unit Citation (not commander's commendation), provided you have some way to prove you were in that unit at the time it was awarded. You may also wear your encampment ribbon, and any other decoration and most activity and service awards provided you have documentation.

JayT

Quote from: jpnelson82 on March 31, 2008, 01:42:16 AM

Don't look at it from the perpective of "Ribbons I earned as a cadet." Some ribbons are awarded to all members.
"Eagerness and thrill seeking in others' misery is psychologically corrosive, and is also rampant in EMS. It's a natural danger of the job. It will be something to keep under control, something to fight against."

DeputyDog

I found an error in the guide. For the Search "Find" Ribbon it is 20 non-distress finds to earn the bronze triangular clasp.

ThorntonOL

I have a couple ribbon questios...
1. I went to encampment as a cadet and it is recorded, now i am a senior, do I still wear that ribbon?

2. The last cadet ribbon i earned was the Lindbergh Achievement, am I allowed to wear that as it is my highest cadet ribbon?
Former 1st Lt. Oliver L. Thornton
NY-292
Broome Tioga Composite Squadron

Pylon

Quote from: ThorntonOL on June 13, 2008, 03:35:02 PM
I have a couple ribbon questios...
1. I went to encampment as a cadet and it is recorded, now i am a senior, do I still wear that ribbon?

Yes, encampment ribbons are awarded to both senior members and cadets.

Quote from: ThorntonOL on June 13, 2008, 03:35:02 PM
2. The last cadet ribbon i earned was the Lindbergh Achievement, am I allowed to wear that as it is my highest cadet ribbon?

Yes, simply ensure some sort of documentation for your Lindbergh is in your file.
Michael F. Kieloch, Maj, CAP

ThorntonOL

One addtional Question...

I also was a CAC rep to group as a cadet, does that ribbon also continue to be worn?
NY-292

MIKE

It can be... as authorized by ICL, provided you were an authorized cadet rep when group became a recognized echelon... Again, with supporting documentation.  I still have the CAPF 2As for my time on MAWG CAC.
Mike Johnston

ThorntonOL

Going back to the encampment ribbon, having recieved as a cadet upon me haveing become a senior I do not have to go to another encampment to earn another one? The same one can still be worn? (I plan on attending another one but am clarifying the previous answer to my question.)

NY-292

PHall

If you go to another encampment as a senior member then you will add a bronze triangular clasp to your ribbon.
You do not wear a second ribbon for going to an encampment as a senior.

Pylon

Yes, as PHall stated, you keep the encampment ribbon you previously earned.  Should you choose to attend future encampments, upon receiving credit for attending you may add the appropriate clasps.
Michael F. Kieloch, Maj, CAP

SarDragon

Also, if it doesn't show up in your online record, you can scan and email proof, and they will enter it. Did that for both my encampments.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

IceNine

Interesting thing just happened and it got me looking.

A newsletter came out in my wing stating that one of our 50 year members just completed his 60th encampment.  I know holy crap right.

Anyway.  In order for him to accurately represent this on his ribbon rack he would wear 3? encampment ribbons with 4 silver tri's each? or 2 with 4 silver and 1 with 3 silver and 1 bronze until he reaches 63?

I heard somewhere but cannot confirm that star's replace tri's at some level.  Something like a silver star=50 bronze tri's or something of that sort. Again, no reg can be found on that myth.

"All of the true things that I am about to tell you are shameless lies"

Book of Bokonon
Chapter 4

lordmonar

He would wear three ribbons

1 ribbon + 4 Silver=21
1 ribbon + 4 silver=21
1 ribbon + 3 Silver + 2 Bronse=18

18+21+21=60
PATRICK M. HARRIS, SMSgt, CAP

IceNine

you can only wear 4 attachments per ribbon so the last would be 3 silver 1 bronze right??
"All of the true things that I am about to tell you are shameless lies"

Book of Bokonon
Chapter 4

AlphaSigOU

Updated guide to include the new Achievement Award. Mods/admins: please replace the old one at the top of this thread for this revised edition.
Lt Col Charles E. (Chuck) Corway, CAP
Gill Robb Wilson Award (#2901 - 2011)
Amelia Earhart Award (#1257 - 1982) - C/Major (retired)
Billy Mitchell Award (#2375 - 1981)
Administrative/Personnel/Professional Development Officer
Nellis Composite Squadron (PCR-NV-069)
KJ6GHO - NAR 45040

jb512

One would think a legitimate lifesaving award would go above an achievement medal or comm comm....

AlphaSigOU

Quote from: jaybird512 on August 12, 2008, 04:41:34 AM
One would think a legitimate lifesaving award would go above an achievement medal or comm comm....

True... but that's where the Lifesaving ribbon got stuck ever since its inception in the late 1970s.
Lt Col Charles E. (Chuck) Corway, CAP
Gill Robb Wilson Award (#2901 - 2011)
Amelia Earhart Award (#1257 - 1982) - C/Major (retired)
Billy Mitchell Award (#2375 - 1981)
Administrative/Personnel/Professional Development Officer
Nellis Composite Squadron (PCR-NV-069)
KJ6GHO - NAR 45040

C JMeyer