BDU Field Jacket - Patches

Started by Smoothice, October 21, 2009, 05:44:48 PM

Smoothice

I have a question, concerning the BDU field jacket (AF Style)...I have seen some people wearing it with no insigia/patches on it at all...what is the requirement?

vento

According to 39-1
QuoteCamouflage pattern (woodland green). Configure accouterments on
jacket the same as the BDU shirt. If field jacket has epaulets, cloth
ultramarine blue grade insignia and CAP cutouts are placed on the
epaulet. If the field jacket does not have epaulets, wear grade insignia
and CAP cutouts on the collar the same as BDU shirt.

Smoothice

MIKE

Just so we are clear... We are talking the M-65 Field Jacket here, not the Gore-Tex ECWCS.
Mike Johnston

Smoothice

citizensoldier

Never seen an M-65 without epaulets.

CS
Mt. Hood Composite Squadron 1987-1989
SSG Stillwater Composite Squadron 2008-2009
SSGBroken Arrow Composite Squadron FEB 2009-Present
SGT OKARNG 08 APR 1988-23 JUN 2009

Smoothice

Airrace

If the field jacket does not have epaulets, wear grade insignia

PHall

Quote from: Airrace on October 21, 2009, 11:43:55 PM
If the field jacket does not have epaulets, wear grade insignia

If it doesn't have epaulets, then it's not an M-65 Field Jacket. It's probably a cheap knock-off.

Hawk200

Quote from: PHall on October 22, 2009, 01:31:50 AMIf it doesn't have epaulets, then it's not an M-65 Field Jacket. It's probably a cheap knock-off.

I'm pretty sure the new ACUPAT field jackets are still designated as an M65, and they don't have any. Moot point though, since it's not authorized for us anyway.

PHall

Quote from: Hawk200 on October 22, 2009, 02:04:07 AM
Quote from: PHall on October 22, 2009, 01:31:50 AMIf it doesn't have epaulets, then it's not an M-65 Field Jacket. It's probably a cheap knock-off.

I'm pretty sure the new ACUPAT field jackets are still designated as an M65, and they don't have any. Moot point though, since it's not authorized for us anyway.

I thought the Army was doing the same thing with the ACU as the Air Force is doing with the ABU, i.e. eliminating the Field Jacket in favor of the Gore-Tex Parka and more recently, the fleece liner worn as outer wear.

I have never seen a ACU pattern Field Jacket, ever.

Ozzy

I've seen quite a few upper cadets and cadre wear them during FTXs. They sure did look warm compared to us wearing just poly-pro and the gortex
Ozyilmaz, MSgt, CAP
C/Lt. Colonel (Ret.)
NYWG Encampment 07, 08, 09, 10, 17
CTWG Encampment 09, 11, 16
NER Cadet Leadership School 10
GAWG Encampment 18, 19
FLWG Winter Encampment 19

Hawk200

Quote from: PHall on October 22, 2009, 05:06:12 AMBut it sure isn't on AAFES.COM.  Which I would consider a bit more "official".

I didn't know the Army was issuing them until two years ago. While at Ft Eustiss, I saw more than a few non prior service students wearing or carrying them. One day in the PX, I asked one where he got it. He told me he was issued it in boot camp.

Ask some of your newest soldiers if you could see theirs. They'll be happy to show it to you. It's the same design, minus epaulets, Velcro added. I've been considering purchasing one myself. Gore-Tex is nice at times, but the layering can be annoying.

Майор Хаткевич

Again, the very reason why I got an M-65 in black for winter. Only $50, and I know my CAP one kept me warm on those negative temperature days.