BDU Badge Placement

Started by Eclipse, April 11, 2009, 04:07:31 PM

Eclipse

I know we've beaten this to death, but I need some substantiation.

I recall placing badges 1/2" blue-to-blue for the first one, then 1/2" white-to-white" for the second, however this contradicts that.
Quote from: CAPM 39-1
6-6. Description and Proper Placement on the BDUs, Utility Uniform, Field Uniform and Flight Suits. All white on blue insignia will have 1/8-inch of blue showing at the widest and tallest point of the insignia, except the Civil Air Patrol tape and the nametape. These two will be the width of the BDU or field uniform pocket. When placing multiple insignia in the same area, measure from the insignia to insignia not blue to blue. For more instructions see Chapters 2 and 4. Figures 6-2, 6-3, 6-10, 6-11, and 6-12 illustrate the white on blue grade insignia. Figures 6-16 through 6-20 illustrate the various insignia that may be worn on these uniforms. Table 6-4 outlines the placement of these items.

Was I hallucinating, or does this contradict something elsewhere?

"That Others May Zoom"

Pingree1492

I've interpreted that to be 1/2" from the top of the 'Civil Air Patrol' Tape to the bottom of the white for the first badge, then 1/2" white-to-white for the next badge.
On CAP Hiatus- the U.S. Army is kindly letting me play with some of their really cool toys (helicopters) in far off, distant lands  :)

MIKE

IMO... it kinda does... and looks noticeably different when you have more than one badge and compare the spacing, but IIRC even the USAF you will see it this way.
Mike Johnston