BDU Grade Insignia - help and tips

Started by biomed441, April 07, 2009, 06:39:38 PM

MIKE

1/2" from the brim looks hella stupid... Especially considering AFI 36-2903 says centered vertically and horizontally... But that is the ignore CAPM 39-1/ICL photo captions and don't look anymore like a dork than you  have to answer.
Mike Johnston

NIN

I've always done it more or less visually, and nobody has ever said a word to me about it.

"If it looks right, it probably is right."

Darin Ninness, Col, CAP
I have no responsibilities whatsoever
I like to have Difficult Adult Conversations™
The contents of this post are Copyright © 2007-2024 by NIN. All rights are reserved. Specific permission is given to quote this post here on CAP-Talk only.

SStradley

Quote from: NIN on April 10, 2009, 07:55:49 PM
I've always done it more or less visually, and nobody has ever said a word to me about it.

You mean to say "if it looks right, it probably is wrong"

But I also centered the patch, so it looks right, and if someone one day chases me down in the field with a tape measure, then I will tell them thanks, and I will get it fixed (someday).
Scott Stradley Maj, CAP

"Duty is the sublimest word in the English language."  R.E. Lee

Hawk200

Quote from: SStradley on April 14, 2009, 12:48:26 AM
Quote from: NIN on April 10, 2009, 07:55:49 PM

You mean to say "if it looks right, it probably is wrong"

But I also centered the patch, so it looks right, and if someone one day chases me down in the field with a tape measure, then I will tell them thanks, and I will get it fixed (someday).

Or could be more of a case of "We're all right, if we're all wrong together".