Uniforms for meetings

Started by Chief2009, March 25, 2009, 12:52:08 AM

RiverAux

NOT entirely an urban legend.  I got the incidents mixed up.

I'm not going to give details here, but a CD mission was decertified and the AF wouldn't pay expenses for a mission because there was photographic evidence that a member was not in a CAP uniform while performing the mission.

Take the refresher if you don't believe me. 

And if the AF is going to weasel out of paying a few hundred dollars for gas because a member wasn't in a uniform, you can bet your airplane that they're going to weasel out of hospital bills and death benefits if they can.

heliodoc

^^^^^^^

More reason to clear up urban legends....OR is it still an urban legend that CD missions require a uniform??

More reasons for GAO study to clear all the mess up. 

Maybe the CD missions should be left to the days of yore when OV10's were floating around 15 years ago >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D

heliodoc

^^^^^

READ my favorite, 60-6.  Answered my ?????....Unless LE asks us not to wear a uni

Uall can start flaming

Gunner C

Quote from: heliodoc on March 27, 2009, 08:42:37 PM
^^^^^

READ my favorite, 60-6.  Answered my ?????....Unless LE asks us not to wear a uni

Uall can start flaming
I always thought that was stupid.  "Don't wear a uniform while flying your red, white, and blue airplane with CAP markings all over it."  Boy, that really throws off the bad guys.

heliodoc

As ONE of my supervisors says:

You are preachin to the choir, my boy

Yep  another in the uniform, not to be identified, OPSEC'd, you can't tell it's from some agency, kind of stuff