BDU access ban from DRMO rescinded

Started by Laplace, January 18, 2009, 10:07:16 PM

badger bob

Screeners have to be authorized by the wing commander and submitted to CAP-USAF. Only authorized screeners can use the CAP online screening system.

There is a public view only access
https://www.drms.dla.mil/asset/govealpa.html

This site is updated daily. Only items in the DOD or RTD2 screening cycles are availalbe for CAP screening
Chris Klein
cklein<at>cap.gov
The Supply Guy
IC2
National Volunteer Logistics Officer- Retired
WI-IGA
Wilson Award# 3320

Pylon

Quote from: badger bob on August 28, 2009, 01:09:46 AM
Screeners have to be authorized by the wing commander and submitted to CAP-USAF. Only authorized screeners can use the CAP online screening system.

This site is updated daily. Only items in the DOD or RTD2 screening cycles are availalbe for CAP screening

So everything available to CAP would be viewable by an average joe member through the public access site linked in your post?  Then we could forward the MILSTRIP or something like that to Wing LG if we wanted them to try and snag it for us?
Michael F. Kieloch, Maj, CAP

badger bob

Quote from: Pylon on August 28, 2009, 01:31:14 AM
Quote from: badger bob on August 28, 2009, 01:09:46 AM

So everything available to CAP would be viewable by an average joe member through the public access site linked in your post?  Then we could forward the MILSTRIP or something like that to Wing LG if we wanted them to try and snag it for us?

Everything available to CAP is viewable through the public site- however that does not mean that everything on the site is availalbe to CAP. Tanks, Humvee's, Duece and a half, and ABU's and many other items are not availble.

CAP has additional requirements. The Wing has to be able to pickup, record, safekeep, and return the items when no longer needed. The items must be within the CAP Table of Allowances. A screener authorized by the wing commander must make the request, NHQ-CAP-LGS must approve the request, the CAP-USAF State director must approve, and the CAP-USAF Region LG must approve.
Chris Klein
cklein<at>cap.gov
The Supply Guy
IC2
National Volunteer Logistics Officer- Retired
WI-IGA
Wilson Award# 3320

majdomke

I guess gone are the days when wing maintained a supply room... I remember as a cadet working the supply room at MIWG HQ. We had uniforms and sleeping bags mostly. But any squadron could come up and pickup what they needed. Now that I've seen what DRMO has at my base, I just need to forward my wish list up the chain right? Then what? (Besides Hope and Pray)

PHall

Quote from: Lt Domke on August 28, 2009, 05:49:35 PM
I guess gone are the days when wing maintained a supply room... I remember as a cadet working the supply room at MIWG HQ. We had uniforms and sleeping bags mostly. But any squadron could come up and pickup what they needed. Now that I've seen what DRMO has at my base, I just need to forward my wish list up the chain right? Then what? (Besides Hope and Pray)

My first question is "how did you even get into the DRMO in the first place?"

If you're not an "authorized screener" then you're not supposed to be allowed access unless you're accompanied by an "authorized screener".

Hawk200

Quote from: PHall on August 29, 2009, 01:44:38 AMMy first question is "how did you even get into the DRMO in the first place?"

If you're not an "authorized screener" then you're not supposed to be allowed access unless you're accompanied by an "authorized screener".

DRMO used to have regular cash and carry sales open to the public. I've been to dozens of them. Anyone could go, they don't even check ID. First come, first served. Only cash accepted; no checks, money orders, credit cards, etc.

majdomke

PHall

Quote from: Hawk200 on August 29, 2009, 03:33:47 AM
Quote from: PHall on August 29, 2009, 01:44:38 AMMy first question is "how did you even get into the DRMO in the first place?"

DRMO used to have regular cash and carry sales open to the public. I've been to dozens of them. Anyone could go, they don't even check ID. First come, first served. Only cash accepted; no checks, money orders, credit cards, etc.

Opertive phrase "used to have".