Main Menu

BBDUs Gortex

Started by PORed, December 13, 2008, 03:56:43 AM

PORed

Just to let all the wearers of the BBDUs, Propper is having a sale on GEN 1 blue Gortex. The USCG has moved on to the GEN 2. These jackets are great, and it does have the tab on the front for rank emblems.

cap235629

does the color match?  It looks lighter
Bill Hobbs, Major, CAP
Arkansas Certified Emergency Manager
Tabhair 'om póg, is Éireannach mé

PORed

It is the same navy blue as the ODUs and CAP BBDUs.

Eclipse

Is CAP authorized for blue Gore-Tex?  Probably, since the BBDU is cool with "civilian outerwear", can we display the grade?

How about a link to the Propper sale site?

"That Others May Zoom"

PORed

I would think so being like you said civilian outerwear is authorized for the BBDUs. Again I would think being civilian outerwear is authorized I foresee no problem with the rank insignia. The USCG officer insignia for the foul weather jacket is the same color as the jacket and as the Woodland/BBDUs officer rank for CAP. Here is the website link http://www.epropper.com/

arajca

Propper is having a sale because they're not making them anymore. They're trying to get rid of obsolete inventory. When they're gone, they're gone and your back to $250 for the parka, no liner.

I have submitted, through channels, a proposal for wearing the black Gotetex ACWCS-like parka with the bbdu with grade insignia as a uniform item. My wing commander has said he will bring it to the NB in Feb/Mar.

If the USCG officer insignia is the same color as CAP's officer insignia and the parka, the parka is a lighter shade of blue, not a dark blue to match the bbdu.

PORed

The Parka and the insignia are both Navy Blue, as is the BBDUs

fyrfitrmedic

Looks like the parkas are all gone, according to the e-Propper site.
MAJ Tony Rowley CAP
Lansdowne PA USA
"The passion of rescue reveals the highest dynamic of the human soul." -- Kurt Hahn

arajca

Quote from: PORed on December 13, 2008, 06:21:08 AM
The Parka and the insignia are both Navy Blue, as is the BBDUs
Which is NOT the same color as the bdu/bbdu insignia, which is ultramarine blue.

PORed

Ah, I see what you are saying, I meant the Gortex Rank Sleeve for USCG was the same color as the jacket, Navy Blue

MIKE

I'll just buy the new one for $180...  >:D Might need to anyway.
Mike Johnston

roxysox

PORed - are these the same cut of gortex as the DOD services wear as well? I did know if anyone could tell me but if I understand correctly being I still have my MARPAT jacket I could wear that with the Blue utilities uniform?

notaNCO forever

Quote from: roxysox on December 17, 2008, 07:53:58 PM
PORed - are these the same cut of gortex as the DOD services wear as well? I did know if anyone could tell me but if I understand correctly being I still have my MARPAT jacket I could wear that with the Blue utilities uniform?

Unlike the BDUs you can wear a civilian jacket with the BBDUs so yes.

roxysox

Excellent, thank you NCO!

PORed

Roxysox, it does appear to be the same cut of jacket as the other branches wear as well.

MIKE

IIRC the newest USMC version in MARPAT is the same style as the USAF APECS for the ABU and maybe the one for the new navy utility uniform, but not the FWP II for the USCG.
Mike Johnston