Main Menu

bdu jacket

Started by Hoorah, November 19, 2008, 11:39:19 PM

Hoorah

On the BDU jacket do you wear a cap tape on the left pocket and a name tape on the right pocket?

Text color - MIKE

davidsinn

For all your uniform questions M39-1
Former CAP Captain
David Sinn

DNall

Branch (CAP) tape is always over your heart, name on the other (your right) side.

Hoorah

Well  would it be breaking a rule if other cadets did not wear them on their bdu jacket and I believe that is a requirement to wear on the bdu jacket am I correct on this. ACCORDING TO THE uniform Manual. 

davidsinn

Quote from: capcadetwilliams on November 20, 2008, 12:17:19 AM
Well  would it be breaking a rule if other cadets did not wear them on their bdu jacket and I believe that is a requirement to wear on the bdu jacket am I correct on this. ACCORDING TO THE uniform Manual. 

If they do not have them then they should not be wearing a uniform at all. To wear a uniform it must be COMPLETE. Head to toe.
Former CAP Captain
David Sinn

MSgt Van

They are required IAW CAPR 39-1.

NC Hokie

An incomplete uniform is an improper uniform, so yes, that would be "breaking a rule."

Reminds me of the time I wore BDU pants with civilian attire to a VT Navy (Naval ROTC detachment at Virginia Tech) morning work detail.  The marine Gunny who "counseled" me was not amused. >:(

Nor was I when he finished chewing me out! :o
NC Hokie, Lt Col, CAP

Graduated Squadron Commander
All Around Good Guy

Hoorah

Well since its required would it be bad that a 1st seargent don't have them on his jacket?

NC Hokie

It's worse, as it sets a bad example for his (or her) troops.
NC Hokie, Lt Col, CAP

All Around Good Guy

Hoorah

Well my whole squadron i go to dont have them.

NC Hokie

Just to be clear, are you talking about the lightweight shirt or the heavy field jacket / parka?
NC Hokie, Lt Col, CAP

All Around Good Guy

NC Hokie

Is this the old school M-65 field jacket or the new ECWS parka?  The parka is waterproof and has a tab on the chest for rank insignia.
NC Hokie, Lt Col, CAP

All Around Good Guy

Hoorah

bdu jacket ask someone else like mike

♠SARKID♠

Your definition of jacket may be off a bit

Are you talking about the BDU blouse which is what you wear directly over your T-Shirt, or the BDU Jacket that is like a winter coat and protects you from the cold?

DC

In the cases of the BDU Blouse, or the Field Jacket you should have a CAP tape, Name tape, Reversed American Flag, and sometimes a wing patch, that varies with your wing.

The ECWCS Parka just has a blue slide for the front with CAP embroidered on it, and for Cadet enlisted, a space to pin your rank on.

Again, CAPM 39-1 will answer these questions. If it deviates from the manual it is incorrect.