Uniforms- the typical newbee question

Started by sburrows, August 15, 2008, 04:52:58 PM

afgeo4

Quote from: IceNine on August 16, 2008, 06:07:03 AM
Quote from: jimmydeanno on August 15, 2008, 07:28:58 PM
I've been wearing these for 6 years now [the same pair].  They're comfortable, breathable, lightweight and easily shinable.  There was no breakin period due to the flex points being made of nylon:

I too wear these, and love them.  The only time I don't wear these boots is for SAR when I wear my bates waterproof, insulated, sidezip, safety toe boots.
Had these boots for 4 years. Looked great for garrison use, but were terrible for field work. They used to be the best technology boots a few years ago. The new ICBs are much more comfortable.

Also, there's an influx of new "sneaker" and "tactical" boots in the military. They're made of leather/nylon and in normal black leather/sand rough leather/sage rough leather fabrics, but they're much more athletic in look and feel. They're not against regulations per se, but they're not completely accepted in the military outside of Spec Ops or deployed ops just yet. I think they will be though and they may be great footwear for CAP too.
GEORGE LURYE

billford1

I've had a few different pairs of boots. The best I've found for myself are popular with Police Officers. They are the Magnum Kevlar lightweight boot with zip up sides.

http://www.magnumboots.com/local_usa.html