uniforms property of CAP?

Started by footballrun21, September 12, 2005, 06:56:30 PM

arajca

Quote from: Devil Doc on December 31, 2012, 02:58:23 AM
As the Newly appointed supply officer, im going to do it Military style. We have Uniforms and items donated to us. I am in the process of giving every item a number, or doing a database. The uniforms will be locked up, so no one but people with authority can get them.  I will issue them, record it in WIMRS, then have them sign a paper with what they were issued. Also, if they need an exchange, it will be done the same way. You cannot deny, when the paper is signed.
1. Don't use WIMRS - it's not set up for that. You need to use ORMS.
2. Read CAPR 174-1, in particular Chapter 2. Here's a relevant excerpt:
Quotea. Expendable property issue. Use the on-line Form 111a, or if not available, create a locally generated spreadsheet to issue expendable property not listed in ORMS (e.g., uniform items, sleeping bags and other individual use items). Property management officers may access the form through ORMS. Record all expendable property issued on this form. Do not issue non-expendable property with the on-line Form 111a. Items will remain on the CAPF 111a until turned in or for 3 years from the date of issue, whichever occurs first. After 3 years from the date of issue items are automatically deleted from the individual's on-line Form 111a.
3. If you can access ORMS, you cannot use a paper form.
4. Even with non-expendable equipment, paper forms are not kept (except for cadets whose parents need to counter sign the form), for more than seven days. Keeping them longer is against regs and can be a finding on an inspection.

Devil Doc

Good points guys, i am new at this. I was told if i keep paper and Electronic files only the Expendable things is the ones i have to keep track of. The Misc stuff donated to CAP that is not CAP property does not get inspected, only what is CAP Property. I still want to keep track of both, And yes i meant ORMS.
Captain Brandon P. Smith CAP
Former HM3, U.S NAVY
Too many Awards, Achievments and Qualifications to list.

arajca

If it's donated to CAP, it's CAP property. If it's someone's personal stuff, make sure it's labelled as such and do not worry about it.

Eclipse

Quote from: arajca on January 01, 2013, 01:17:00 AM
If it's donated to CAP, it's CAP property. If it's someone's personal stuff, make sure it's labelled as such and do not worry about it.

+1 - having "stuff" around that is not clearly labeled as "CAP" or "not CAP" will raise eyebrows and lower scores on an SUI.

"That Others May Zoom"

Devil Doc

Gotcha, thanks bro, I volunteered for the Job because the CC needed someone, im always willing to try out new things
Former HM3, U.S NAVY

Devil Doc

We were going to invent a Numbering system. CAP00001 is CAP Property, PER0001 is Personal property that CAP is borrowing. Sounds in the right direction?
Former HM3, U.S NAVY

PHall

Quote from: Devil Doc on January 01, 2013, 01:35:53 AM
We were going to invent a Numbering system. CAP00001 is CAP Property, PER0001 is Personal property that CAP is borrowing. Sounds in the right direction?

Do yourself a favor and read up on ORMS. Should answer many of your questions.

arajca

Quote from: Devil Doc on January 01, 2013, 01:35:53 AM
No. Personal property needs to have a tag with the member's name. That's it. Since it is not CAP property, you don't track it. PERIOD. It is not your (or your unit's) responsibility.

CAP non-expendable equipment has asset tags and numbers already. Expendable supplies and equipment are not required to be marked, except for DMRO sourced supplies and expendable equipment such as sleeping bags and rucks.

Download and read CAPR 174-1. That has the details and the approved wheel design.

Devil Doc

instead of tagging it with a members name, im going to number iit,  then put a name to the cooresponding number. I will talk to the logistic officer about what to do.
Former HM3, U.S NAVY

SarDragon

Quote from: Devil Doc on January 01, 2013, 10:20:58 PM
instead of tagging it with a members name, im going to number iit,  then put a name to the cooresponding number. I will talk to the logistic officer about what to do.

Again, you're reinventing the wheel.

Quote from: CAPR 174-1Do not use property tags to identify personal property. Personal property on loan or in use at a CAP facility or operation should be tagged or labeled personal property and should include the name and telephone number of the owner.

Yes, it says should instead of shall, but an inspector will be looking for a compelling reason for doing it differently.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

Eclipse

Just label anything not CAP-owned as "personal property of..." it doesn't even have to be someone who is a member of CAP.  The key is the personal label
which then means you >don't< track the stuff.

"That Others May Zoom"

Devil Doc

Former HM3, U.S NAVY