Unit Citation Award Question

Started by DrDave, January 01, 2008, 12:54:22 AM

mikeylikey

^ New York Wing HQ, and NER HQ.  Perhaps NHQ will have answerers to both questions. 
What's up monkeys?

Pylon

Quote from: ThorntonOL on June 13, 2008, 07:06:04 PM
After reading this it brings up a good question.
How many unit citations does NY wing and Northeast Region have earn for all units in those respected areas since fall 2000?
Also where can I find the answer I'm looking for?

All of NER got one in 2001 for the 9/11 response.  Not aware of any others, but that doesn't mean they haven't happened.  Without a central database and without paperwork being forwarded to the units when these things happen, it's next to impossible for a member to track how many clasps they should have.  I just wear the ribbon without devices, since I know of at least one I've been included under.
Michael F. Kieloch, Maj, CAP

RiverAux

I think NHQ has tracked this stuff pretty good for a while as it isn't unusual to see notations when the award is given for it being the 3rd award or whatever. 

SarDragon

Quote from: PhoenixCadet on June 13, 2008, 10:06:48 PM
Does NHQ have some sort of database that one could use to see what units got unit citations, as well as when and what they were awarded for?

Sort of. I think they are in a database from about 2000 onward, but everything prior to that is still only on paper. I called NHQ some time ago looking for info, and they weren't very forthcoming for that reason.

I have some CAWG info available from the PA I got in 2003 for the Columbia effort. CA 001 (the entire wing) got its 3rd (IIRC) award then; 2nd was Northridge; don't recall the 1st. CA 001 (Wing HQ) also got one that year, and believe that was a 1st award. I don't have my copy available right now.

For NER, there is some info on the NER site. That's how I verified my 1st award from back in the 60s. I had heard from various unoficial sources that all of NER had been awarded a UCA back then, but was never able to verify it until I saw the NER site.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

TeamBronx

The above answers regarding units are correct.  Flights, Squadron, Groups, Wings and Regions have all received the Unit Citation.  Unchartered organizations have also received Unit Citations.  The 1980, 1982, 1984 , and 1985 Bronx Group Drill Teams (NY Wing) received the Unit Citation.  The members of those teams were from various squadrons and groups and in 1985 even wings (NY & NJ).  The accompanying award citation contained the names of the members entitled to the award.

NavLT

CAP needs to come up with a central record of these types of awards. The DOD has a listing of awards for units that has dates and included units.

V/R
LT J.

ThorntonOL

Have a clarification question, I've been a member since AUG 2000 and since then NYWing ang the NER both have recieved a unit citation.  Now because I was a member in NY during the time they were awarded, I can still wear both unit citations (ribbon and clasp) even if I move theoretically to TN or AZ?
Former 1st Lt. Oliver L. Thornton
NY-292
Broome Tioga Composite Squadron

jimmydeanno

If you have ten thousand regulations you destroy all respect for the law. - Winston Churchill

PHall

Just make sure you have a copy of the order awarding the unit citation in your personnel records.