Uniform wear on Halloween

Started by Paper Machete, October 23, 2014, 03:19:15 AM

Paper Machete

I heard you can wear your uniform on holidays but on one condition. You strip yourself of all medals, ribbons, name tags, and anything representing CAP.  Is this true?

PHall

Quote from: Kallan09 on October 23, 2014, 03:19:15 AM
I heard you can wear your uniform on holidays but on one condition. You strip yourself of all medals, ribbons, name tags, and anything representing CAP.  Is this true?

What do you think? ???

Paper Machete

Huey Driver

If it's stripped of all medals, ribbons, name tags, and anything representing CAP, is it still the uniform? That's a better question. So again, what do you think?
With malice toward none, with charity for all, with firmness in the right...

a2capt

"I heard" .. read CAPM 39-1. "Wear of the uniform" is some of the content within.

Though I have two words that you can start your whole original statement with, "I've never ".

Now, do you really want to be a cadet one additional day this month?

The CyBorg is destroyed

The uniform is not a costume.

However, if you want to "look the part," there are cheap flying suits available designed as costumes so you can look like Steve Ritchie for one night.
Exiled from GLR-MI-011

THRAWN

I heard that you asked a similar question already. Want to get a rise out of people? Keep asking the same question....
Strup-"Belligerent....at times...."
AFRCC SMC 10-97
NSS ISC 05-00
USAF SOS 2000
USAF ACSC 2011
US NWC 2016
USMC CSCDEP 2023

ColonelJack

Here's what you should do:  Talk to your Squadron Commander.  Tell him/her what you "heard."  Ask him/her if that's true and what you should do.

Then, do it.

Jack
Jack Bagley, Ed. D.
Lt. Col., CAP (now inactive)
Gill Robb Wilson Award No. 1366, 29 Nov 1991
Admiral, Great Navy of the State of Nebraska
Honorary Admiral, Navy of the Republic of Molossia

NIN

Quote from: CyBorg on October 23, 2014, 07:16:15 AM
The uniform is not a costume.

However, if you want to "look the part," there are cheap flying suits available designed as costumes so you can look like Steve Ritchie for one night.
I look like Steve Ritchie _every_ night... [emoji13]
Darin Ninness, Col, CAP
I have no responsibilities whatsoever
I like to have Difficult Adult Conversations™
The contents of this post are Copyright © 2007-2024 by NIN. All rights are reserved. Specific permission is given to quote this post here on CAP-Talk only.

Johnny Yuma

"And Saint Attila raised the Holy Hand Grenade up on high saying, "Oh Lord, Bless us this Holy Hand Grenade, and with it smash our enemies to tiny bits. And the Lord did grin, and the people did feast upon the lambs, and stoats, and orangutans, and breakfast cereals, and lima bean-"

" Skip a bit, brother."

"And then the Lord spake, saying: "First, shalt thou take out the holy pin. Then shalt thou count to three. No more, no less. "Three" shall be the number of the counting, and the number of the counting shall be three. "Four" shalt thou not count, and neither count thou two, execpting that thou then goest on to three. Five is RIGHT OUT. Once the number three, being the third number be reached, then lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade to-wards thy foe, who, being naughty in my sight, shall snuffit. Amen."

Armaments Chapter One, verses nine through twenty-seven: