Bdu at senior members weekly meeting?

Started by agriffa, November 25, 2011, 02:27:14 AM

agriffa

Can you wear Bdu at weekly senior meeting?
I have not read anything explicitly against it, but I might be wrong ....
Thanks

Semper viglilans

jimmydeanno

Yes, unless the.commander has prescribed something different.
If you have ten thousand regulations you destroy all respect for the law. - Winston Churchill

rustyjeeper

Most units have a monthly uniform schedule posted in advance. At least mine does.
Whatever uniform is specified would be appropriate.

The CyBorg is destroyed

Ask your commander what the UOD is.

In my first unit, we did it kind of differently.

During the warmer months, we wore blues.  During winter, we wore BDU's.
Exiled from GLR-MI-011

spacecommand

Depends on the unit as every unit is different. 
Our unit for seniors has no specified uniform of the day, so whatever is most available to the member.  So if it was our unit and you showed up the regular meeting in a BDU, I wouldn't bat an eye.

One exception would be we do recommend for awards promotions night (held once a month) that members come in either blues or corporate equivalent.

But again every unit is different.  I can understand if you are worried because you never see any other senior member wear the BDU at your unit (I don't know, I'm just speculating that to be the reason you are asking), because I had a similar problem once when I first joined my unit.  All the seniors were wearing golf shirts.  I started to go against the grain and wear the corporate white and grays (which is the corporate basic minimal uniform, not the golf shirt anyway as I explained).  That was a while ago though, now we have a mix of people coming in all types of uniforms from BDUs, to blues and yes the golf shirt.

Chief2009

Welcome to CAPTalk!

BDU's certainly are a valid uniform choice.

It depends on the culture of your unit. At my unit we ask that the seniors wear their equivalent of what the cadets are wearing.
"To some the sky is the limit. To others it is home" — Unknown
Dan Nelson, 1st Lt, CAP
Deputy Commander for Cadets
Illinois Valley Composite Squadron GLR-IL-284

DBlair

Quote from: Chief2009 on November 25, 2011, 02:05:17 PM
Welcome to CAPTalk!

It depends on the culture of your unit. At my unit we ask that the seniors wear their equivalent of what the cadets are wearing.

Agreed. The Uniform of the Day should apply for Cadets and Seniors with both being in the same designated uniform. BDUs are appropriate for most meetings, but it all depends on what the Commander designates as the uniform to be worn.
DANIEL BLAIR, Lt Col, CAP
C/Lt Col (Ret) (1990s Era)
Wing Staff / Legislative Squadron Commander

RADIOMAN015

Quote from: DBlair on November 25, 2011, 07:03:50 PM
Welcome to CAPTalk!

Agreed. The Uniform of the Day should apply for Cadets and Seniors with both being in the same designated uniform. BDUs are appropriate for most meetings, but it all depends on what the Commander designates as the uniform to be worn.

Hmm, I always wear my golf shirt, short sleeve late spring thru fall, and long sleeve winter time at the squadron.  VERY Comfortable uniform that readily ID's me as a member of the CIVIL Air Patrol. :angel:
RM

Spaceman3750

Quote from: RADIOMAN015 on November 25, 2011, 11:50:46 PM
Welcome to CAPTalk!

Hmm, I always wear my golf shirt, short sleeve late spring thru fall, and long sleeve winter time at the squadron.  VERY Comfortable uniform that readily ID's me as a member of the CIVIL Air Patrol. :angel:
RM

I've been confused as USAF in the polo. Maybe if it were red...

>:D

AngelWings

Quote from: RADIOMAN015 on November 25, 2011, 11:50:46 PM
Welcome to CAPTalk!

RM
RM, you should start up a group that only members of The CIVIL Air Patrol can join while the rest of us in Civil Air Patrol can wear our prescribed uniforms without opposition. I think you should use the triangle thingy as your offical logo.

EMT-83

agriffa,

Welcome to CAPTalk: where your question will be answered in the first reply, but the uniform debate will continue for a dozen pages or more!