Should we lobby for a device on this ribbon to prevent confusion?

Started by Major Carrales, July 08, 2007, 06:59:29 AM

Flying Pig

If a military vet mistakes it as a military ribbon, Id say he's the one who would be embarrassed, not us.

Hawk200

Quote from: Major Carrales on July 08, 2007, 06:59:29 AM
Here's the deal...

The ribbon of the Air Force Commendation Medal:

The ribbon on the CAP National Commander's Unit Citation...

I wouldn't really consider it an issue. Look at the Mary Feik, and the Air Force Basic Military Training Ribbon. They look almost identical. Only difference is that the stripes on the ends start at the end on the Mary Feik, and on the AFBMT ribbon there a little further in. I don't think anyone will confuse a cadet for having been AF basic.

On the other hand,  I never really saw a purpose to a National Commander Unit Citation. A device could have been added to the existing Unit Citation rather easily.

Major Lord

Vanguard produces the "Vanguard 2000" line of ribbons, which are used by any organization that wants to use them without regard to heraldry or other organizations' use. The American Cadet alliance uses many of our ribbons with entirely different values. BTW, have you ever noticed how similar the six day war campaign ribbon is to the encampment ribbon? Coincidence? I think not!

Capt. Lord
"The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the iniquities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he, who in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who would attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee."

LtCol White

Quote from: CaptLord on July 09, 2007, 07:26:57 PM
Vanguard produces the "Vanguard 2000" line of ribbons, which are used by any organization that wants to use them without regard to heraldry or other organizations' use. The American Cadet alliance uses many of our ribbons with entirely different values. BTW, have you ever noticed how similar the six day war campaign ribbon is to the encampment ribbon? Coincidence? I think not!

Capt. Lord

Ever been to an encampment?? WHen its over,  you often feel like you've been in a 6 day war. LOL  ;D
LtCol David P. White CAP   
HQ LAWG

Admiral, Great Navy of the State of Nebraska

Diplomacy - The ability to tell someone to "Go to hell" and have them look forward to making the trip.

SarDragon

Quote from: Major Carrales on July 08, 2007, 08:37:48 PMThe thing is that it is the highest award I have in CAP, and it is known that active duty earned awards and citations go above CAP awards et al.  Thus, someday a US Navy vet is gonna mistake it for what it is not.  Maybe I just want to avoid the embarrassment.

Let me assure you that this Navy vet, who has been awarded the Navy Expeditionary Medal, has never confused the two ribbons. The stripe widths are different enough to be distinguishable.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret