Main Menu

BDU.com

Started by MIKE, December 07, 2006, 07:07:38 PM

MIKE

Who has used this vendor and what is your opinion?  I've read some other users posts which mentioned www.bdu.com as a source for uniforms.

I am looking at the Nylon/Cotton Ripstop specifically. Blouse, Trousers

They seem to have a better selection in the cadet friendly small and short sizes then other vendors which either don't have them, or are special order.  Pricing seems competitive, but I've never owned PROPPER brand BDUs.
Mike Johnston

Al Sayre

Most of the Propper BDU's I've seen have zippers instead of buttons on the pants. (OK in garrison, but trouble in the field - ever try to fix a zipper?) The pocket material also wasn't the same as the Issue versions, and they were fitted vs, generic sizes ie 36 in. waist vs "35-39" = XL.  There are also a few other minor differences that makes them stand out in a line up.  Overall, though they seem to be pretty good products.  YMMV
Lt Col Al Sayre
MS Wing Staff Dude
Admiral, Great Navy of the State of Nebraska
GRW #2787

ELTHunter

Does anybody know where to get the actual GI version BDU's.  A lot of places (Brigade Quartermaster and U.S. Cav) say they have GI BDU's, but it's been my experience that they're not as good a quality as I've gotten from AAFES or the DRMO?
Maj. Tim Waddell, CAP
SER-TN-170
Deputy Commander of Cadets
Emergency Services Officer

Al Sayre

http://wardenssupplyco.com/catalog/default.php

When they have them in stock, they sell used (but in good condition) BDU's.  I've purchased a few sets through them and been very happy with what I received.  They also ship very quickly.
Lt Col Al Sayre
MS Wing Staff Dude
Admiral, Great Navy of the State of Nebraska
GRW #2787

MIKE

If anyone knows of other sources for the EHWBDU in similar size and price ranges, you can post 'em here too.  I am looking for NEW uniforms though.  I'm trying to set up a new uniform package for my unit.
Mike Johnston

JohnKachenmeister

I used BDU.com to get a flight suit about 6 months ago or so.  VERY fast shipping, and chubby sizes in stock.  $129 plus shipping made it the lowest cost around.

The zoom bag came in with all the right velcro in all the right places.  I didn't have to add any.

I have no complaints about BDU.com, and they beat Vanguard by a mile!  (But so does everybody.)
Another former CAP officer

floridacyclist

Quote from: Al Sayre on December 07, 2006, 07:15:28 PM
Most of the Propper BDU's I've seen have zippers instead of buttons on the pants.

I have BBDUS from Propper that I bought from a local uniform store. They appear to be constructed identically to my kids' issue BDUs (buttons and all) and much better quality than the blue ones that I ordered from CAPMart a while back.....which promptly split apart on me within a year - and not on a seam either!

On the other hand, my issue DMAT uniform does have a zipper but seems to be of OK quality at least.
Gene Floyd, Capt CAP
Wearer of many hats, master of none (but senior-rated in two)
www.tallahasseecap.org
www.rideforfatherhood.org

SarDragon

I got two sets of BBDUs from CAPMart about three years ago - Propper brand, button fly. They have lasted nicely.

YMMV.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret