CAPR 39-1, 5 March 2020

Started by NIN, March 05, 2020, 08:39:44 PM

PHall

Wearing the lightweight jacket with civilian clothes is not a problem anymore if you're enlisted in the Air Force since you have to wear sewn on grade insignia on the sleeves.
It's been like that for about 10 years now.

Eclipse

That's very nice of you're in the Air Force.

Spin it any way you like, people who know, know.

"That Others May Zoom"

Mitchell 1969

Quote from: Eclipse on March 08, 2020, 12:17:37 AM
Quote from: Mitchell 1969 on March 07, 2020, 11:56:45 PMThe blue jacket is USAF's to regulate. If they say it can be worn with civilian clothes, and CAP says that any jacket can be worn with a civilian uniform, where is the problem?

39-1 does not say "any jacket", it says "Appropriate civilian outer garments are authorized..."
in all references.

The Lightweight Blue Jacket is not a civilian outer garment.  It is a USAF uniform item.

A USAF uniform item which USAF says can be worn with civilian clothes. Which is what the corporate uniforms are. And since there is no CAP definite of "appropriate civilian outer garment," again, where is the problem, outside of how fine can a hair be split?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mitchell 1969; Earhart 1971; Eaker 1973. Cadet Flying Encampment, License, 1970. IACE New Zealand 1971; IACE Korea 1973.

CAP has been bery, bery good to me.

jb3

Overall not a bad publication. Plenty of small inconsistencies but I'm sure they will be worked out. I didn't personally contribute to writing the regulation so I don't want to be overly critical of those who put in all the hours.

One thing I've noticed is that CPR patches are listed but there isn't a description of where to wear them. It is not listed with the other patches on page 127 or 128

10.9.20. Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) Patch.  May be worn by individuals who have satisfactorily completed CPR training...

hfriday

Weird that the new FDU nametags aren't in all caps. I wonder how long it will take VG to get those up and running. As I was just promoted and had too much silver-on-navy sew-on rank but no plastic-encased, I just brought mine down to the local seamstress. Now I just need to NOT get the call until Vanguard makes a link for the new tags!

xyzzy

Quote from: jb3 on March 08, 2020, 12:30:26 PM...One thing I've noticed is that CPR patches are listed but there isn't a description of where to wear them. It is not listed with the other patches on page 127 or 128

10.9.20. Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) Patch.  May be worn by individuals who have satisfactorily completed CPR training...

I haven't been able to find AHA or Red Cross CPR patches. I suppose you could wear a vintage one if you have it.

slicek38

In reviewing the new CAPR-39-1, I saw that the plastic-encased rank/grade insignia and the leather name patch is being phased out for the FDU and the sage green flight jacket. The desert sand colored T-shirt will be worn with the AF style FDU. I also saw that we are going to cloth rank/grade insignia on the FDU along with a cloth name patch/tag on the FDU and FDU jacket. The new cloth name tags will have the member's aeronautical badge, first and last name on it and no rank or CAP on it (except senior member NCOs). However, I haven't found anywhere to order the cloth name patch. Vanguard does not have it listed on their website. Although I suppose they will in due time. Does anyone know where to order the new FDU cloth name tag which meet the new CAP specifications?
Retired and loving it!

PHall

Quote from: slicek38 on March 08, 2020, 03:09:54 PMIn reviewing the new CAPR-39-1, I saw that the plastic-encased rank/grade insignia and the leather name patch is being phased out for the FDU and the sage green flight jacket. The desert sand colored T-shirt will be worn with the AF style FDU. I also saw that we are going to cloth rank/grade insignia on the FDU along with a cloth name patch/tag on the FDU and FDU jacket. The new cloth name tags will have the member's aeronautical badge, first and last name on it and no rank or CAP on it (except senior member NCOs). However, I haven't found anywhere to order the cloth name patch. Vanguard does not have it listed on their website. Although I suppose they will in due time. Does anyone know where to order the new FDU cloth name tag which meet the new CAP specifications?

The reg was just released so ya might want to give Vanguard a couple of months to get up to speed.
Because I'm sure there was absolutely no coordination between National Headquarters and Vanguard before the reg was published.

Eclipse

Exactly, how fine a hair to justify something clearly inappropriate.

Quote from: Mitchell 1969 on March 08, 2020, 04:26:03 AMA USAF uniform item which USAF says can be worn with civilian clothes. Which is what the corporate uniforms are. And since there is no CAP definite of "appropriate civilian outer garment," again, where is the problem, outside of how fine can a hair be split?

The AFI is applicable to people in the Air Force, not CAP.  Further, it indicates
wear of the jacket over civilian clothes, not the CAP uniform.

Again, spin it all you like, but the Corporate Uniforms, despite being often comprised of
civilian components, when worn together, are a uniform.

"That Others May Zoom"

Mitchell 1969

Quote from: Eclipse on March 08, 2020, 06:56:54 PMExactly, how fine a hair to justify something clearly inappropriate.

Quote from: Mitchell 1969 on March 08, 2020, 04:26:03 AMA USAF uniform item which USAF says can be worn with civilian clothes. Which is what the corporate uniforms are. And since there is no CAP definite of "appropriate civilian outer garment," again, where is the problem, outside of how fine can a hair be split?

The AFI is applicable to people in the Air Force, not CAP.  Further, it indicates
wear of the jacket over civilian clothes, not the CAP uniform.

Again, spin it all you like, but the Corporate Uniforms, despite being often comprised of
civilian components, when worn together, are a uniform.

If you don't like it, don't wear it. But I'm not pursuing this hair splitting conversation any longer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mitchell 1969; Earhart 1971; Eaker 1973. Cadet Flying Encampment, License, 1970. IACE New Zealand 1971; IACE Korea 1973.

CAP has been bery, bery good to me.

jb3

Quote from: xyzzy on March 08, 2020, 01:32:05 PM
Quote from: jb3 on March 08, 2020, 12:30:26 PM...One thing I've noticed is that CPR patches are listed but there isn't a description of where to wear them. It is not listed with the other patches on page 127 or 128

I haven't been able to find AHA or Red Cross CPR patches. I suppose you could wear a vintage one if you have it.

I would get some Red Cross patches made here in Korea if they are authorized for wear.

xyzzy

Quote from: jb3 on March 09, 2020, 06:40:45 AMI would get some Red Cross patches made here in Korea if they are authorized for wear.

If the training were received from the American Red Cross, and one wanted a new patch made in the US, one would have to obtain permission from the American Red Cross. If it were made outside the US, one would probably have to have permission from the American Red Cross to bring it into the US.

GroundHawg

Quote from: xyzzy on March 08, 2020, 01:32:05 PM

They dont have to be AHA or ARC. There are now multiple agencies that provide DOT standard of certification in CPR.

"10.9.20. Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) Patch. May be worn by individuals who have
satisfactorily completed CPR training, as awarded by a CPR-training agency whose training standards
meet the US Department of Transportation "National Guidelines for First Aid in Occupational Settings".
Patches will only be worn while the member is current. Patch will be appropriate in size and appearance
for the uniform being worn and that authorized by the agency that completed the training."

kcebnaes

Did anyone else notice that metal insignia are still allowed on the Corporate Field Uniform (Blue BDU) hats? I am TOTALLY switching to metal insignia to see what happens..
Sean Beck, Maj, CAP
Great Lakes Region sUAS Officer
Various Other Things™

Майор Хаткевич

Quote from: kcebnaes on March 09, 2020, 05:34:24 PMDid anyone else notice that metal insignia are still allowed on the Corporate Field Uniform (Blue BDU) hats? I am TOTALLY switching to metal insignia to see what happens..
BTDT, it's meh.

kcebnaes

Quote from: Майор Хаткевич on March 09, 2020, 06:03:55 PMBTDT, it's meh.

I don't think that I'd spend real money on them, but I know we randomly have a couple laying around the house from a squadron that we closed a ways back. I tried it once, and it was relatively uncomfortable.
Sean Beck, Maj, CAP
Great Lakes Region sUAS Officer
Various Other Things™

Paul Creed III

Quote from: kcebnaes on March 09, 2020, 06:07:44 PM

I don't think that I'd spend real money on them, but I know we randomly have a couple laying around the house from a squadron that we closed a ways back. I tried it once, and it was relatively uncomfortable.

Yup, the pin-back pokes into one's head.
Lt Col Paul Creed III, CAP
Group 3 Ohio Wing sUAS Program Manager

Luis R. Ramos

Just one of several places to order CPR patches.

https://www.allthingsfirstaid.com/first_aid_patches.aspx 

Another place, repeats some of those in the first place but adds more...

Squadron Safety Officer
Squadron Communication Officer
Squadron Emergency Services Officer

SarDragon

Quote from: Paul Creed III on March 09, 2020, 06:17:37 PM

Pull the frogs off and bend the pins over. I did that with my Navy caps for years.

Sent using Tapatalk

Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

THRAWN

Quote from: SarDragon on March 09, 2020, 08:04:45 PM
Quote from: Paul Creed III on March 09, 2020, 06:17:37 PM

Pull the frogs off and bend the pins over. I did that with my Navy caps for years.

Sent using Tapatalk

Doesn't work as well on a patrol cap as it does with a ball cap or even the 8 point cover.
Strup-"Belligerent....at times...."
AFRCC SMC 10-97
NSS ISC 05-00
USAF SOS 2000
USAF ACSC 2011
US NWC 2016
USMC CSCDEP 2023