"Rival" CAP Forums adveritising on Facebook.

Started by Майор Хаткевич, August 26, 2010, 12:46:56 AM

Майор Хаткевич

So here I am checking my notifications to the chagrin of Eclipse, and I see an add on the side that had the letters "CAP" in that order. I click on it, and it takes me to a forum.

I know Facebook is good with their algorithms to basically reach CAP members only, but I still don't know why any forum would pay for advertising.

Just thought it was...strange? Could just post a link on the CAP group, which currently has ~7,500 past/current members.

The pic is of the top of the forum and inside that is the ad from Facebook.

DakRadz

I don't know who they are... Else I'd post Death To CAPVine on my siggy >:D

It's not bad, more of a news/blog deal so far as I see. Nice format and interesting videos.

Tango Neutralized, stand down gunner!

vmstan

How do they expect to generate any traffic with their uniform section crammed down at the bottom?  >:D

Although I did get a kick out of this post by one of the admins.
MICHAEL M STANCLIFT, 1st Lt, CAP
Public Affairs Officer, NCR-KS-055, Heartland Squadron

Quote"I wish to compliment NHQ on this extremely well and clearly written regulation.
This publication once and for all should establish the uniform pattern to be followed
throughout Civil Air Patrol."

1949 Uniform and Insignia Committee comment on CAP Reg 35-4

JC004

a2capt

jeders

After looking around it a bit, it seems to me that it's more a site for Captain Awesomeness, who I must assume is a cadet even though his profile says he's 106, to hear himself talk. Nothing of any real value there, and if it weren't mentioned here, it probably would remain unknown to all of us.
If you are confident in you abilities and experience, whether someone else is impressed is irrelevant. - Eclipse

Майор Хаткевич

Most likely. They have 56 members (was 55, had to register to see the stats), but I was surprised that they actually advertise on facebook...

JC004