Main Menu

Infamous Members

Started by Ken, October 31, 2005, 04:29:33 AM

Ken

Is it true that Lee Harvey Oswald was a CAP member?

whatevah

yes, although I believe his membership was officially revoked/disavowed by NHQ afterwards.  I'm too lazy at the moment to find a source for that.
Jerry Horn
CAPTalk Co-Admin

Ken

whatevah

I just did a quick internet search, and found this...
http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/shows/oswald/glimpse/ferrie.html

it's a picture from "way back when" showing Oswald with some CAP members from the New Orleans area.
Jerry Horn
CAPTalk Co-Admin

airforcecolors

Let's try to remember the CAP members that were beneficial to the society
There are three kinds of people in this world...people that get things, people that watch others get things done, and people that wonder what just happened...WHICH ONE ARE YOU?

pixelwonk

Quote from: airforcecolors on November 11, 2005, 09:40:43 PM

Yes, lets...
But they wouldn't really fit the "infamous" topic of this thread.  ;)

Schmidty06

Why not try and remember the infamous characters?  This Oswald's CAP membership doesn't affect CAP's image positively or negatively.  Infact, it's a moot point.

shorning

Anyway, back on topic.  If we're talking about infamous (former) members, let's not forget David Graham and Diane Zamora.  That was some pretty bad press for our cadet program back then.

shorning

Quote from: airforcecolors on November 11, 2005, 09:40:43 PM

That's a great suggestion...for another thread.  Find someone you think is worthy and post up.  We'll all contribute.

(And no, I'm not being sarcastic  :))

SarDragon

Quote from: shorning on November 19, 2005, 07:59:52 AM
Anyway, back on topic.  If we're talking about infamous (former) members, let's not forget David Graham and Diane Zamora.  That was some pretty bad press for our cadet program back then.
Spaatz Award 1281 - Annulled by CAP National Executive Committee Action, 25 May 1999.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

airforcecolors

Quote from: shorning on November 19, 2005, 07:59:52 AM

Does anyone know this story from a first hand basis?
There are three kinds of people in this world...people that get things, people that watch others get things done, and people that wonder what just happened...WHICH ONE ARE YOU?

Glenn

If you watch the movie JFK, CAP is mentioned.