WHY DO THEY MAKE FEMA SO HARD?!

Started by ElectricPenguin, January 07, 2011, 10:56:36 PM

ElectricPenguin

Yea you do get college credits from it, but its crazy how hard it is!!! :'(

davidsinn

Former CAP Captain
David Sinn

JC004

I'm assuming you're talking about FEMA's independent study rather than the agency itself.  They're not hard.  I took almost all of them without even reading the material so I could see how I'd do.

ElectricPenguin

:clap: :clap: It took me half a year to to IS-700... :P

Eclipse

"That Others May Zoom"

JeffDG

Seriously?  The online courses were a breeze.  I loved the ICS300 and ICS400 with some classroom interaction to add some interest to them.

Eclipse

Quote from: JeffDG on January 08, 2011, 12:02:11 AM
Seriously?  The online courses were a breeze.  I loved the ICS300 and ICS400 with some classroom interaction to add some interest to them.

And even those basically adhere to Allen's Law...

"That Others May Zoom"

davidsinn

Quote from: Eclipse on January 08, 2011, 12:16:26 AM
Quote from: JeffDG on January 08, 2011, 12:02:11 AM

And even those basically adhere to Allen's Law...

I had to google that, and after wading through medical definitions I can up with:

QuoteAlmost anything is easier to get into than out of.

Is that what you mean?
Former CAP Captain
David Sinn

Eclipse

"90% of life is showing up." - Woody Allen

"That Others May Zoom"

Spaceman3750

Quote from: ElectricPenguin on January 07, 2011, 10:56:36 PM

OK, I'm going to go another route with this. Are you having issues with getting a passing amount of questions 23/25, etc, and it not accepting your score as passing? Reason I'm asking is because I had a cadet with this problem that I'm waiting on more information from to document the problem with.

davidsinn

Former CAP Captain
David Sinn

Fubar

Quote from: davidsinn on January 08, 2011, 02:10:21 AM
Quote from: Eclipse on January 08, 2011, 12:34:10 AM
Ah. Not a big fan of his.
It's ok, you're probably too old for him to be friends with you.

davidsinn

Quote from: Fubar on January 08, 2011, 07:04:13 AM
Quote from: davidsinn on January 08, 2011, 02:10:21 AM
Quote from: Eclipse on January 08, 2011, 12:34:10 AM
Ah. Not a big fan of his.
It's ok, you're probably too old for him to be friends with you.

There is that...
Former CAP Captain
David Sinn

ElectricPenguin

Quote from: Spaceman3750 on January 08, 2011, 12:35:56 AM
Quote from: ElectricPenguin on January 07, 2011, 10:56:36 PM

OK, I'm going to go another route with this. Are you having issues with getting a passing amount of questions 23/25, etc, and it not accepting your score as passing? Reason I'm asking is because I had a cadet with this problem that I'm waiting on more information from to document the problem with.

I just dont understand the lessons very well. I passed them, but BARELY!!! Im still wondering how i ever did. I think IS 100 was the easyest though.

N Harmon

QuoteWHY DO THEY MAKE FEMA SO HARD?!

To ensure familiarity with the information contained in the courses.
NATHAN A. HARMON, Capt, CAP
Monroe Composite Squadron

jeders

Quote from: ElectricPenguin on January 12, 2011, 07:04:08 PM
I just dont understand the lessons very well. I passed them, but BARELY!!! Im still wondering how i ever did. I think IS 100 was the easyest though.

Alright, what parts of the lessons don't you understand? Perhaps we here can clarify the information for you.
If you are confident in you abilities and experience, whether someone else is impressed is irrelevant. - Eclipse

Spaceman3750

Quote from: jeders on January 12, 2011, 07:17:36 PM

Alright, what parts of the lessons don't you understand? Perhaps we here can clarify the information for you.

Or, you know, muddy the issues more, which is the CAPTalk way >:D.

Eclipse

These classes are the start, not the end.  ICS is objective and obtuse at the same time.

On the objective level, you report to him who reports to her.  Do you job and only your job and stay in your lane.

On the more obtuse level, there are all these definitions and derivatives and in most cases CAP does not have a direct analog.

As a cadet you will always be at the tip of the spear and don't need to worry about the planning and more subjective aspects
of ICS.  Get through the training as best you can, ask questions, and then keep your inputs open and your exits shut on missions.
You will start to see how many of the terms and ideas gel when put into practice.

"That Others May Zoom"