Respect on Display

Started by Turtle1, January 02, 2010, 10:35:46 PM

Turtle1

I would like to do a visual presentation that reinforces the ideas in Respect on Display for the New Year.  Our squadron has become somewhat lax in the customs and courtesies department.  I like the pamphlet Respect on Display but the cadets I work with do better when material is presented to them in a more visual manner as opposed to reading something.  Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. :)
Marybeth Williams
Major, CAP

Nick

Crack open PowerPoint.  Open the PDF of CAPP 151.  Use the snapshot tool to copy the demo pictures from the pamphlet, paste into the PowerPoint, add text, voila.

[Add credit and reference to CAPP 151 in the PowerPoint]

[Edited for poor Dave]
Nicholas McLarty, Lt Col, CAP
Texas Wing Staff Guy
National Cadet Team Guy Emeritus

exFlight Officer

Turtle1 - I was grateful for this pamphlet when I first knew of it. This pamphlet made it easier for me when I had to teach the new cadets what they had to learn before moving up in rank and etcetera. In my squadron we have enough pamphlets for each cadet to share with one other cadet. I started with a cadet verbally reading each page and then having some cadets come to the front of the classroom and demonstrate. At various points of the pamphlet I had a few cadets demonstrate (after I showed them what to do and we read the pamphlet) and then I made all of the cadets participate after being showed what to do. After going through the book I gave the cadets a verbal pop quiz to see what they learned. Whatever they did not know/remember after going through the pamphlet I reviewed with them again.
Doing a PowerPoint along with the pamphlet is also a great idea.

Hope this helps.