Review board

Started by Extremepredjudice, June 12, 2012, 03:59:56 AM

Eclipse

Missed the point entirely...

"That Others May Zoom"

Extremepredjudice

Quote from: Eclipse on June 17, 2012, 02:28:00 AM
Missed the point entirely...
? Which part and how, sir? I am listening, and I am open minded. Believe it or not.
I love the moderators here. <3

Hanlon's Razor
Occam's Razor
"Flight make chant; I good leader"

lordmonar

Well then.

Your options are simple then.

a) Report the situation up the chain of command or to the IG and let the cards fall where they may.
b) Live with it.
c) Quit.

There is nothing left to say.  Good luck.  :(
PATRICK M. HARRIS, SMSgt, CAP

Ron1319

Err.. if the littlest things could bar one from taking a Spaatz exam then I'm quite sure many of us wouldn't have taken it. 

Let's just review this thread, however.  The original post was asking if you could request that a senior member not be on a review board.  You were told that you could request whatever you wanted, but it was up to the commander to trust whoever he trusted to be on your board.  What you didn't say was, "I have been held up from promotions by one senior in particular and the reasons he stated were, a), b), c).  I believe those reasons are not accurate because I have done A, B, C."  If you were to simply provide evidence to the unit commander (who has 100% of the authority to promote you or not) showing that you believed you were eligible for promotion, you would be in a much better position to be promoted rather than trying to blame one senior who is likely trying to help.
Ronald Thompson, Maj, CAP
Deputy Commander, Squadron 85, Placerville, CA
PCR-CA-273
Spaatz #1319

Nathan

Quote from: Ron1319 on June 17, 2012, 03:29:58 AM
Err.. if the littlest things could bar one from taking a Spaatz exam then I'm quite sure many of us wouldn't have taken it.

Ha, you mean like 99.5% of all cadets? :)

Seriously, since there is an approval process for each promotion, and a longer, more involved approval process for the Spaatz, then it is safe to say that yes, there are a significant number of people who probably have difficulty getting to the Spaatz because they pissed off the wrong people and got stalled when trying to get approval. It's why there is an approval process.
Nathan Scalia

The post beneath this one is a lie.

SarDragon

Tick-tock. Tick-tock. Tick-tock.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret