Squadron patch design question

Started by FNelson, February 08, 2018, 07:48:45 PM

FNelson

I am in the process of creating a new unit patch for my squadron. I am close to having a finalized design but I have a few questions about how I need to proceed once I have finalized the design. I know that I need to submit the design to Wing HQ for approval but I am not sure who exactly I need to submit the design too.
C/2d Lt. Forest Nelson
Santa Fe Composite Squadron "Flying Tigers"
"A legacy of Honor"

wacapgh

kcebnaes

Quote from: wacapgh on February 08, 2018, 08:06:32 PM
Generally, it's the Wing Commander.

More specifically, through your chain of command up to the Wing/CC. You may want ot also consult with the Wing/Group Director of Personnel or Admin before officially sending to sort of "double check."
Sean Beck, Maj, CAP
Great Lakes Region sUAS Officer
Various Other Thingsā„¢

LSThiker

Quote from: FNelson on February 08, 2018, 07:48:45 PM
I am in the process of creating a new unit patch for my squadron. I am close to having a finalized design but I have a few questions about how I need to proceed once I have finalized the design. I know that I need to submit the design to Wing HQ for approval but I am not sure who exactly I need to submit the design too.

It should be sent to the Wing Historian to ensure that it meets USAF Heraldry guidelines.  The Wing Historian (or Chief of Staff, if no historian) then either communicates back to you or forwards it to the Wing Commander for approval.

In theory, the Wing Commander (and Group if applicable) should have given permission before redesigning it.

Look at Figure 4, which gives a good idea of the process (even if this is an "unofficial guide"):
http://history.cap.gov/files/original/69f796595f5ebe2c67634092021ad42e.pdf