Main Menu

Recruiting ribbon

Started by jfkspotting, November 08, 2017, 03:13:27 PM

jfkspotting

To become eligible, do you have to recruit people in terms of them sending forms for membership to Maxwell, or do they just have to show up to a few meetings?

Toad1168

They actually have to become members.  Submit application, pay money.  Also, you need to be listed on their app.
Toad

Flying Pig

They also have to stay members for 6 months to don't they? 

MSG Mac

Quote from: Flying Pig on November 08, 2017, 03:15:42 PM

No, just have to get on the membership rolls. Also While it's easier to have the new member list you on the F12 or 15, it's not a requirement as long as they acknowledge that you are responsible for recruiting them. 
Michael P. McEleney
Lt Col CAP
MSG USA (Retired)
50 Year Member

kwe1009

Quote from: MSG Mac on November 08, 2017, 04:16:04 PM
Quote from: Flying Pig on November 08, 2017, 03:15:42 PM

No, just have to get on the membership rolls. Also While it's easier to have the new member list you on the F12 or 15, it's not a requirement as long as they acknowledge that you are responsible for recruiting them.

Bad news from NHQ, they don't even look at that information on the form anymore.  It is not part of the online application for cadets either.  It asks how you heard about CAP but doesn't have a place to put a name or CAPID.  It is up to the squadron to put that information into eServices.

MacGruff

There is definitely a place to put that information on a Form12. We make sure we always ask a new recruit on who was the person most responsible for them joining, and then make sure it's listed on the form.

Eclipse

Commanders can also go into eServices and list the recruiting info for existing members.

"That Others May Zoom"

kwe1009

Quote from: MacGruff on November 08, 2017, 10:42:11 PM
There is definitely a place to put that information on a Form12. We make sure we always ask a new recruit on who was the person most responsible for them joining, and then make sure it's listed on the form.

True but NHQ does not enter that information into eServices any longer.  No reason was given we we asked NHQ other than "we don't put that in anymore, you can do it at the unit."

MacGruff

Quote from: kwe1009 on November 08, 2017, 11:45:16 PM
True but NHQ does not enter that information into eServices any longer.  No reason was given we we asked NHQ other than "we don't put that in anymore, you can do it at the unit."

That sounds like a problem. I know I run the Recruiting report on a monthly basis to see if any of my Squadron members qualify for the Recruiting Ribbon (cadet OR seniors). If no one puts in the data at NHQ, that report will become useless in time.

I just checked that report and a recruit we had come in three weeks ago is listed against the cadet who recruited him. I guess someone DID put that information into e-services...   ???

kwe1009

Quote from: MacGruff on November 09, 2017, 12:44:05 AM
Quote from: kwe1009 on November 08, 2017, 11:45:16 PM

That sounds like a problem. I know I run the Recruiting report on a monthly basis to see if any of my Squadron members qualify for the Recruiting Ribbon (cadet OR seniors). If no one puts in the data at NHQ, that report will become useless in time.

I just checked that report and a recruit we had come in three weeks ago is listed against the cadet who recruited him. I guess someone DID put that information into e-services...   ???

Glad to hear it.  I was hoping that I was wrong and just caught someone at NHQ on a bad day.