Mitchell Exams

Started by Ravenwings, August 13, 2017, 02:18:47 PM

Ravenwings

I have a question for the forum. I have a very motivated Cadet getting ready to take his Mitchell exam. Capmembers.com said theat the Cadets should study the Air Force Drill Manual AFMAN 36-2203, but CAP has it's own Drill Manual now, CAPM 36-2203. Which should the Cadet study?

Thanks

Ozzy

Both are the pretty much the same. CAP 36-2203 has pictures of CAP members in it and sometimes explains moves a little bit more detail. Either should be fine.
Ozyilmaz, MSgt, CAP
C/Lt. Colonel (Ret.)
NYWG Encampment 07, 08, 09, 10, 17
CTWG Encampment 09, 11, 16
NER Cadet Leadership School 10
GAWG Encampment 18, 19
FLWG Winter Encampment 19

Ravenwings

Eclipse

Use the CAP manual to insure there is no confusion.

AFI's and AFMANs may be the basis of many of CAP's curriculum documents, but they aren't the official reference
when discussing tests, etc.

"That Others May Zoom"

Ravenwings

Ok thanks, do I take it that capmembers is not always up to date?

Eclipse

Quote from: Ravenwings on August 13, 2017, 05:43:12 PM
Ok thanks, do I take it that capmembers is not always up to date?

It frequently has old or conflicting information, but I'm not sure what you're referring to in this case.

"That Others May Zoom"

jeders

Quote from: Eclipse on August 13, 2017, 03:25:34 PM
Use the CAP manual AFMAN to insure there is no confusion.

AFI's and AFMANs may be the basis of many of CAP's curriculum documents, but they aren't the official reference
when discussing tests, etc. drill.

FTFY

CAP may have come out with its own manual, but the AFMAN is still the official publication to use according to 52-16 and it is the publication that the test questions are based upon. Also, because most of the material in the new CAP manual was literally copied and pasted from AFMAN 36-2203, it doesn't hurt to study the actual source document.
If you are confident in you abilities and experience, whether someone else is impressed is irrelevant. - Eclipse

TIger

Quote from: Ozzy on August 13, 2017, 03:00:34 PM
Both are the pretty much the same. CAP 36-2203 has pictures of CAP members in it and sometimes explains moves a little bit more detail. Either should be fine.
The test was written from the Air Force manual. Since we have not updated those test for15 odd years, I told him to go with what the curriculum says.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro