Headset for a MICOM 3 ALE radio

Started by wmackirdy, April 12, 2018, 11:09:52 PM

wmackirdy

Has anyone ever had one, seen one, know where one can be acquired?

My hearing is not the best, and a set of head phones increases my chances of hearing what is being said.

thanks

Wayne MacKirdy
KE0PLE
RMR-CO-805
Maj Wayne MacKirdy
Chaplain, Major, US Army (retired)
Comms Officer, ES Officer, MRO, CDI, etc etc

NovemberWhiskey

I would talk to your higher echelon comm staff.

For the Micom 3F, it looks like there's a pair of 6-pin Amphenol (maybe) connectors on the back, the pinout for which is in the manual, and which could be use for driving a monaural headset.

Given how expensive these radios are, I would be loath to interfere with one in a way that could damage it.

chuckmilam

Quote from: NovemberWhiskey on April 12, 2018, 11:44:21 PM
I would talk to your higher echelon comm staff.
Given how expensive these radios are, I would be loath to interfere with one in a way that could damage it.

Very good advice here.

SarDragon

The 3F and the 3T headphone audio out is in the microphone connector. The rear panel pic in the manual I have only shows a 44-pin D-type connector for accessory connections.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

wmackirdy

Agreed that is a very expensive radio, and I have no intentions, nor the ability, to jury-rig anything.
Maj Wayne MacKirdy

Lord of the North

If you look in the Communications part of NHQ website, in the general library is a diagram and instructions to adapt headphones to the Micom

wmackirdy

Hmmm...can't find it. Thanks anyway!

Wayne
Maj Wayne MacKirdy

SarDragon

Quote from: Lord of the North on April 13, 2018, 03:48:31 AM
If you look in the Communications part of NHQ website, in the general library is a diagram and instructions to adapt headphones to the Micom

Got a link for that? I couldn't find it, either. PM it if you think it shouldn't be on here.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

Brad

You have to have extended access to the Comm Library. File attached (non-FOUO), and a picture of a pair we made at NESA last year. They can be daisy-chained together so an instructor can monitor while a student talks, just plug in a headset or a pair of earbuds even.

Brad Lee
Maj, CAP
Assistant Deputy Chief of Staff, Communications
Mid-Atlantic Region
K4RMN