Should I retake GES now or wait?

Started by Holding Pattern, November 18, 2018, 05:27:26 AM

Holding Pattern

We trained a new group of cadets today on GES.

When logging into LMS, I saw this:

"This open book questionnaire is based on CAPR 60-3, CAP Emergency Services Training and Operational Missions, CAPR 173-3, Payment for Civil Air Patrol Support; and General Emergency Services training materials available online. The 25 questions on this test cover general emergency services (ES) operational mission procedures and is accomplished by all CAP members prior to initial issuance of CAPF 101, Civil Air Patrol Specialty Qualification Card, and normally by all personnel currently holding valid CAPF 101 cards within 180 days of issuance of a new examination to remain current. Since this exam is being issued on an interim regulation, currently qualified personnel will not be required to re-take this version. When the new regulation combining CAPR 60-3 and CAPR 60-6 is completed, a new exam will be issued, and all qualified personnel will be required to complete it.

Passing score for the test is 72%.  There is no time limit."

So my question is: As a current GES holder, if I take it now, will I need to retake it again, or will this qualify me under the new GES when it comes out?

SarDragon

Quote from: Holding Pattern on November 18, 2018, 05:27:26 AM

So my question is: As a current GES holder, if I take it now, will I need to retake it again, or will this qualify me under the new GES when it comes out?

Yes, and no.

When the test changes, everyone needs to retake it. That said, I think I've only seen it change once since 1999.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

Eclipse

"That Others May Zoom"