Gore-Tex Rank Insignia

Started by Hawk200, June 26, 2007, 01:08:11 AM

Hawk200

I dug through some of the old threads, but many went off on so many tangents that I didn't figure anyone would pay them any mind if I posted a question to them.

Anyway, does anyone have an update on when the Gore-Tex rank sleeves will be available? I checked the website, and didn't see anything. And I figured that I would probably get faster responses here (possibly bordering in the milliseconds  ;D ).

Gotta get ready for the fall!

isuhawkeye

the original subcontractor moved his shop oversees which violated the terms of the contract, and couldn't deliver the product. 

a new subcontractor has been identified.  that supplier has completed samples, and those samples are at NHQ for approval before a mass run.

O-Rex

So their claim that they would have them by the end of June was alot of hogwash?

I was actually holding off an order to wait for it...

RogueLeader

No, I believe that this was caused by the original contractor that violated the contract by moving production outside the US.  NHQ is working to approve the subcontractor that can fulfill the contract.
WYWG DP

GRW 3340

DeputyDog

Quote from: O-Rex on June 26, 2007, 06:28:15 PM
So their claim that they would have them by the end of June was alot of hogwash?

They probably made that claim before the contractor made it known that they were going to expatriate.

Pylon

You guys are looking for these Gore-Tex tabs?    ;) ;D

Mine works just fine.   8)
Michael F. Kieloch, Maj, CAP

O-Rex

I see a C&D letter in your future. . .  >:D

Seriously, nice work: thought about doing the same, but I'm holding out for Vanguard, or some other creative alternative source.

Stonewall

Kieloch's design is merely a copy of the one I made back in April....

Nice try, Mike, but I copyrighted it ;-)

Serving since 1987.

SarDragon

Sorry, Kirt, his looks better. The colors match.  8)
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

JC004

Quote from: SarDragon on July 04, 2007, 08:01:28 AM
Sorry, Kirt, his looks better. The colors match.  8)

Since when did the colors match on various BDU insignia?

Stonewall

Some of you may remember, I threw mine together in between posting on the Gore-tex thread.  Think I spent a total of 5 minutes on it and ripped a Lt Col and CAP cutout off of two old BDUs and had the ultramarine cloth hanging around.  Given 10 minutes and all new materials, I think it would look better.   8)
Serving since 1987.

mdickinson

I ordered grade insignia for my gore-tex rain jacket from Vanguard a few weeks back - and it arrived on Friday!

So anyone who's been holding off - they are now in stock.

CASH172

Any word on Cadet Officer grades?

dwb

As a reminder, here's how the official rank slides look:

Pylon

Quote from: justin_bailey on September 04, 2007, 03:09:21 PM
As a reminder, here's how the official rank slides look:

Ooh, they're in??!!   :o
Michael F. Kieloch, Maj, CAP

LtCol White

Yeah but they are made too big for the tab so they look sloppy. When you get it you can rip the seam and re-sew it smaller so it fits properly. I did and it looks much better.
LtCol David P. White CAP   
HQ LAWG

Admiral, Great Navy of the State of Nebraska

Diplomacy - The ability to tell someone to "Go to hell" and have them look forward to making the trip.

DrJbdm

And once again they made them too wide. just like our grey sleeves.

dwb

Quote from: Pylon on September 04, 2007, 03:23:13 PMOoh, they're in??!!   :o

Somebody didn't read my original E-mail closely enough... :)

I already had one for myself, but I needed to place another small Vanguard order so I got the insignia for a couple other people that wanted them (including you) to ease the highway robbery shipping costs.

But yeah, actually, your insignia is being delivered today.  Got the tracking number this morning.  We'll make the exchange when I get my tie back. ;D