Main Menu

Service Coats

Started by Color Guard Rifleman, September 14, 2018, 04:59:21 PM

Wildbilly1760

Where did you see that size?

I called them, they sent a guy out to Warehouse and confirmed they are all size 36

Adam B

Quote from: TX CAP Mom on March 16, 2019, 05:36:04 PM
I'm willing even to pay for a brand new coat but his color guard commander wants them all to have the matching old style.

Just curious, was this CG commander a cadet or a senior member?
Sometimes our members can get a little misguided in their strive towards excellence. The idea is to have them all in matching uniforms, which is great, but the color/material/amount of wear will naturally vary when dealing with vintage clothing. Also, as you've noticed, you can end up with a lot of "extras," like braids and patches, which can further detract from a uniform appearance when removed. A new-style coat will serve your cadet longer and is a better use of your time and money than trying to bring an old-style coat back into service. Once they're performing, it's unlikely people will notice the missing pockets as quickly as they'd notice an unserviceable uniform.

If the commander is a cadet, I would suggest that you speak with the SM overseeing the GC and explain the situation to them. This could be a learning opportunity for the cadet about investment, inclusion, and mission priorities.   
Adam