Main Menu

PATRIOT South 19 Exercise

Started by Ozzy, March 04, 2019, 03:28:50 AM

Ozzy

https://www.facebook.com/notes/national-guard-patriot-exercise/national-guard-kicks-off-patriot-south-19-exercise/2365115756915172/

An interesting little article that popped up on my newsfeed... I don't believe CAP is involved, as I'm in GAWG and haven't heard much about actually supporting it, but Team Rubicon and the Salvation Army is.
Ozyilmaz, MSgt, CAP
C/Lt. Colonel (Ret.)
NYWG Encampment 07, 08, 09, 10, 17
CTWG Encampment 09, 11, 16
NER Cadet Leadership School 10
GAWG Encampment 18, 19
FLWG Winter Encampment 19

Holding Pattern

I'd call your wing up and let them know there is an opportunity there.

Eclipse

If you sign up early you can get a better cot in the FEMA reassignment camp!

"That Others May Zoom"

Shuman 14

Quote from: Eclipse on March 04, 2019, 10:12:43 PM
If you sign up early you can get a better cot in the FEMA reassignment camp!

Snicker. Giggle. Giggle.  ;D
Joseph J. Clune
Lieutenant Colonel, Military Police

USMCR: 1990 - 1992                           USAR: 1993 - 1998, 2000 - 2003, 2005 - Present     CAP: 2013 - 2014, 2021 - Present
INARNG: 1992 - 1993, 1998 - 2000      Active Army: 2003 - 2005                                       USCGAux: 2004 - Present

ctrossen

Wisconsin Wing has been actively involved in the PATRIOT NORTH Exercise for 10+ years now. The same staff plans and manages both exercises (North and South), so fair chance the PAO shop grabbed the release template used for PATRIOT NORTH and accidentally left CAP in. (Though when I click on the link I don't see any reference to CAP, so it must have been corrected.)

Now if GAWG or SER wants to be involved in the PATRIOT SOUTH Exercise moving forward, PM me and I'll fill you in on some of the details. The PATRIOT staff wants to get CAP involved in the southern exercise on an annual basis, but that just hasn't happened yet due to reasons (certainly including hurricane responses).

The two PATRIOT Exercises are conducted annually, SOUTH in Feb/Mar each year (it hasn't had a permanent home yet, but I think they have settled on Savannah now) and NORTH in July (Volk Field ANGB, WI). These are massive multi-day (usually four days, Mon - Thurs) DOMOPS exercises that, just like the press release says, brings in responders from Air and Army National Guard, federal, state and local agencies from all over the country (looks like units/agencies from 31 different states participated in last year's two PATRIOT Exercises with 850+ boots on the ground at SOUTH and 950+ boots on the ground at NORTH). Yes, National Guard soldiers and airmen account for the majority of participants, but the response is led by a civilian Incident Management Team - just like it would be in an actual incident.

There's a lot of room for CAP to be involved as a response agency, and in a fairly significant way.
Chris Trossen, Lt Col, CAP
Agency Liaison
Wisconsin Wing

Eclipse

"That Others May Zoom"

Spaceman3750

Stonewall

I used to be a member of the Georgia Air National Guard and was involved in Patriot South a few times. I recall seeing CAP air crews during at least two different exercises.
Serving since 1987.