Is the required equipment for ES "CAP ID Card", or "picture of a CAP ID card?"

"That Others May Zoom"

Fubar

Quote from: Eclipse on September 06, 2017, 04:34:39 PM
Is the required equipment for ES "CAP ID Card", or "picture of a CAP ID card?"

Says the guy who's anti-paper.

(Just giving you a hard time)

Eclipse

Nice - for the record I'm basically "anti-everything" - makes filtering a lot easier.

"That Others May Zoom"

UWONGO2

There was a squadron near me that did this, scanned in everyone as they came in and I believe as they left. Was extremely efficient, right up until an SUI where the inspector decided wet signatures were required.

I've argued it's perfectly fine, but everyone seems to value my opinion for exactly what it's worth.

A.Member

Quote from: Eclipse on September 04, 2017, 09:46:37 PM
Eservices now has electronic attendance logging.
It's not perfect but it's better than paper.
Where exactly can we find that functionality in eServices? 
"For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards, for there you have been and there you will long to return."

Eclipse

Quote from: A.Member on September 07, 2017, 04:26:45 PM

Personnel - Attendance Log

I see it as CC, not sure which other staff jobs can see it.  There was a complaint that it could
not be WSA designated, that may have been fixed.

"That Others May Zoom"

A.Member

Quote from: Eclipse on September 07, 2017, 04:45:11 PM
Quote from: A.Member on September 07, 2017, 04:26:45 PM

Personnel - Attendance Log

I see it as CC, not sure which other staff jobs can see it.  There was a complaint that it could
not be WSA designated, that may have been fixed.
I'll check it out.  Thanks!
"For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards, for there you have been and there you will long to return."

Майор Хаткевич

Panther

My squadron does use an electronic sign in, which is a system created by a few IT capable seniors. The person signing in either inputs their CAPID (which is subsequently matched to their name) or signs in as a guest. I personally think it's an incredibly handy way to manage attendance every week.

USAFA '20

Eclipse

That may well be true, but the official wheel exists now, so no point in using a homegrown system.

"That Others May Zoom"

kwe1009

Quote from: Eclipse on September 16, 2017, 11:47:09 PM
That may well be true, but the official wheel exists now, so no point in using a homegrown system.

Unfortunately the eSerivces system has quite a few holes: no way to account for guests and members of other units are the 2 biggest ones I see.  So units must either use 2 different systems to track attendance or stick with whatever they are currently using.

Eclipse

Agreed - but there's no need to "track" visitors attendance, and how often does the average squadron get
a non-unit visitor that needs to be "tracked"?

At least this is, theoretically, roll-up-able into a view of real participation at the national level (once people know it exists
and use it). 

There probably should be an "other" or "outsider" field.

It should also automatically enter Safety if that box is checked, for all on the sheet.

Does anyone know if higher HQ can see the meetings?   Are there any roll-up reports yet on total attendance, etc?

"That Others May Zoom"

SarDragon

Quote from: Eclipse on September 17, 2017, 05:29:14 PM
Agreed - but there's no need to "track" visitors attendance, and how often does the average squadron get

We track prospective members for their three meetings. They aren't always consecutive.b
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

Lem

Greetings All
This is something that our squadron has been considering doing.  I am interested in this from the E services site  and was wondering how it worked . In looking at the screen shot I am a bit confused as I didn't see a button to click for a  member to sign in.  With this application will we still need a bar code scanner. or will the members just type in there CAPID. Anything to make signing in and out much easier for a 100+ member squadron I am all for  and any help you all can provide will be greatly appreciated.

arajca

Typically, you'd print out a sign-in sheet and after the meeting, enter the meeting information and check the boxes of those who attended. It is not made for electronic sign in, unless you have the meeting open in Eservices and check folks in as they arrive.

Lem

Thanks arajca   That answered my question  that is what we do now   was hoping to see something where a member could just scan in.  I know it is doable as I saw it in action at NESA

arajca

The problem with what NESA does is not everything is available outside NESA. Same with the homebrew solutions many members have come up with.

Have you asked the NESA folks what they're using?

Lem

Not yet that was my next move . The company I work for uses bar code scanners  on the machines we build. Was thinking we could come up with something to populate the current attendance roster the we sign in on now

Eclipse

I would say now is not a good time to be building home-grown solutions.

Now that NHQ has finally given the field an "official" attendance log, many people
are hoping that is step one towards requiring the tracking of participation in a meaningful way.

To Sardragon's points, a unit really has no reason to track the participation of someone from
another charter, and rare is the unit with so many newbs you lose track of the 3-meetings.

There's really no mandate today to track attendance at all, except CYA. In 18 years, the subject
has literally never come up except in regards to some subjective SUI questions.

"That Others May Zoom"

kcebnaes

Quote from: Eclipse on September 17, 2017, 05:29:14 PM

For local units, it's probably negligible, but for Group/Wing/Region staff meetings (most of my Group staff is ADY, and they don't show up for attendance logs), or something like Group O-Flights, being able to add people not on the official roster would be nice.
Sean Beck, Maj, CAP
Great Lakes Region sUAS Officer
Various Other Thingsā„¢