Miniature Paramedic badge

Started by DakRadz, October 26, 2022, 04:14:22 AM

DakRadz

I don't know if these have even been made, just that they aren't listed on Vanguard. If you have some, or even just knowledge that they weren't a "thing," please let me know.
The EMT is available in miniature, so  I don't know if medic is in between orders due to low demand or has never been offered due to same.

Not really a big deal, just puttering about since I donated most of my stuff upon leaving active involvement a few years ago and building up my stockpile again.
Thanks!

FlyingPig

I searched around myself.  Ive never even found a pic or any reference to a mini paramedic.  Only a mini-EMT   Strange
Robert Steht, Capt.
Mission Pilot/CD Pilot
CFI Airplane / CFI Helicopter
Former Sq. Commander

DakRadz

Quote from: FlyingPig on November 04, 2022, 06:19:31 PMI searched around myself.  Ive never even found a pic or any reference to a mini paramedic.  Only a mini-EMT   Strange

After a phone call to Vanguard, they'll make and provide whatever they feel like of our uniforms... and/or they don't actually know what they are supposed to be making. Got a little unclear at the end

Slim

Quote from: DakRadz on November 05, 2022, 05:20:11 AMAfter a phone call to Vanguard, they'll make and provide whatever they feel like of our uniforms... and/or they don't actually know what they are supposed to be making. Got a little unclear at the end
Looks like you got a couple of options then.

Since that's the only badge you have, just wear the full size badge on your shirt. 

Or, someone at NHQ needs to remind Scamguard that their exclusive provider contract requires them to provide ALL of our insignia from CAP tapes sold by the thousands to the elusive master CDI badge, or in this case, miniature paramedic badges.

Slim

heliodoc

Contract administration is a little tough these days??

Maybe NHQ needs to follow better contract administration from the plethora of government agencies that do this on a daily basis and TRY to emulate some sort of standards.

There's a reason for more than sole source contractors and contracting world unless its life or death. I know, I have worked with sole source contractors in airtanker world.

Contract oversight is one of those core value things that many other agencies have to show the taxpayer. Just because CAP is a corporation.....oversight of the members dollars should be one of those core values

STEWARDSHIP

DakRadz

Quote from: Slim on November 06, 2022, 08:09:50 PMSince that's the only badge you have, just wear the full size badge on your shirt. 

Oh, for sure. I want a mini, but full size works too.

Other option is to dremel a wreathed star from another mini master badge and construct my own. I'm crazy enough to do it if I can sort out the issue of chroming/coating the end result properly

FlyingPig

HA!   I was just going to say cut the wreath off  ;D   I would call vanguard and tell them to cut the wreath off and bill you for the cheaper cost of the mini EMT since they dont feel the need to stock them.
Robert Steht, Capt.
Mission Pilot/CD Pilot
CFI Airplane / CFI Helicopter
Former Sq. Commander