Washington Governor declares June “General Aviation Appreciation Month”

Started by usafcap1, June 05, 2013, 10:18:22 AM

usafcap1

Governor declares June "General Aviation Appreciation Month" in Washington state

OLYMPIA –Aviation enthusiasts have reason to celebrate June as Gov. Jay Inslee has declared it "General Aviation Appreciation Month" in Washington state. General aviation – from recreational to business to Search and Rescue and Homeland Security missions preformed by the Civil Air Patrol – is a vital part of the state's transportation system and economy.

Washington is home to 135 public-use airports, more than 19,000 pilots and more than 6,660 general aviation aircraft. The state's aviation system supports 248,500 jobs, $15.3 billion in wages and $50.9 billion in economic activity.

"We're pleased for the support that Gov. Inslee is providing through this proclamation and recognition of the value that general aviation brings to the state," said Tristan Atkins, aviation director for the Washington State Department of Transportation. "We encourage people to celebrate this month by visiting some of our state's beautiful and diverse airports."
|GES|SET|BCUT|ICUT|FLM|FLS*|MS|CD|MRO*|AP|IS-100|IS-200|IS-700|IS-800|

(Cadet 2008-2012)

Air•plane / [air-pleyn] / (ar'plan')-Massive winged machines that magically propel them selfs through the sky.

Critical AOA

I appreciate GA every month.  Who needs a governor or any politician to tell them it is okay to appreciate it?   >:D
"I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."   - George Bernard Shaw

Eclipse

I was going to appreciate it, but now that the man wants me to, no way!

"That Others May Zoom"

Nuke52

Lt Col
Wilson Awd