Air Crew Scheduling

Started by rsipp, October 06, 2010, 05:01:11 AM

rsipp

At the risk of entering a mine field:

What is your interpretation of CAP's policy (if any) regarding air crew scheduling priority?  Assuming all of the normal qualification requirements are satisfied, other than member funded, more than one qualified aircrew member available, who scheules and on what basis is a crew member offered a given mission.

Do any of you flight ops guys/aircraft managers have what you think is a good system for leveling the funded flight opportunities.

CommGeek

typicaly the unit or sometimes Group, sets up a alert roster and puts a crew on some sort of rotation for missions.

How it is done specifically veries from unit to unit.

As far as funded training, you need to get involved in your unit, and have your unit request a funded mission. There  is plenty of money out there to train. Just get with your unit....If the unit does not know how to request a funded mission, go to Group.

Al Sayre

As an IC, for "right now" mission assignments - I call the closest squadron CC or ESO and then move on in order of distance from the AO.  From then on, it's the first people I get to answer the phone and say they are available.

Why would we worry about leveling funded flying?  We're supposed to be responsible with other people's money and produce the best possible results for the customer, not worry about fair.  The flight generally goes to the closest available aircraft & crew.  If there are multiple aircraft and/or crews to choose from, then we go with the best aircraft & crew for the job.  Some crews are great at DF, but can't operate a camera & vice versa.  If you want funded flying in your local area, go out and drum up some business.  We do sundown patrols, photo work for the school boards & other government agencies, low level route surveys for the USAF, JROTC and ROTC O flights, etc. 
Lt Col Al Sayre
MS Wing Staff Dude
Admiral, Great Navy of the State of Nebraska
GRW #2787