Source for used / cheap trailer equipment and parts?

Started by Eclipse, October 03, 2009, 11:49:09 PM

Eclipse

I'm working on refitting an MCP trailer and I need a few repair parts and some add-ins.

Does anyone have a good source for this kind of thing besides eBay? Either just a good source in general or preferably benevolent to CAP (i.e. "free")?

I've started hitting the local RV shops hoping to find somebody with some surplus from a wreck, but no luck yet.

The biggest item I need is a power center with shore cable and 12 V converter.  I've found them around $100  but less is always better.  Wing's been good about providing a monster power supply, but by the time I get an isolator and inverter it'll be more expensive than a coherent power system.

This is a 100% CAP project.  Go out to the front yard and see if the "guest house" has anything we can use!!   :D

"That Others May Zoom"

PHall

You know, trying to save money on stuff that could kill you doesn't exactly sound "smart".
The main electric panel is one place it pays to "do it right".

If it were me I would have no problem spending the $100, makes sleeping at night much easier.

Eclipse

Ultimately, that's what I'll do, but I want to try and avoid the "my dad works for Jayco" conversation after I spend the money.

"That Others May Zoom"