Main Menu

Old LH Series L-Per

Started by IceNine, July 13, 2008, 05:51:46 PM

IceNine

I have recently found in an old closet 2 of the old trusty LH Series L-pers.

One was a personal piece of equipment passed down from an old gentlemen through about 4 people and ultimately to me. I had a guy look at it and from what he can tell the filters (hopefully the right term) are busted.  He also said there is likely a problem with the crystals.  I want to get this one checked out, fixed and calibrated.

The other was donated to a local unit, but has never worked. I have never had this one looked at but If it won't cost me more than it is worth I will have it worked on too.

Has anyone ever sent these in to the factory for repair?  And if so what was the experience?

How long did it take to get it back? The way I understand it if I send it to them they will give me an estimate for the repairs?

And finally, If anyone has any accessories that they would like to sell please let me know.  I am interested in antenna's specifically but others are not out of the questions.

"All of the true things that I am about to tell you are shameless lies"

Book of Bokonon
Chapter 4

PHall

You might ant to contact L-Tronics before you send them in to make sure they're still repairing the older models.

www.LTronics.com

IceNine

I sent them and email they will still repair them.  I just pay shipping there and return shipping will be in with the repair cost.
"All of the true things that I am about to tell you are shameless lies"

Book of Bokonon
Chapter 4