Main Menu

Google Apps/Sites 101

Started by wuzafuzz, January 05, 2015, 02:06:04 AM

wuzafuzz

I'm looking for recommendations for a reference book or guide on using Google Apps & Sites.  My squadron currently has web presence in multiple places, and we are all over the place on document management, calendaring, and email.  It's time to change that.  We need an effective virtual office.

We already have a domain hosted in Google sites, including all the Apps for non-profits.  At first blush it seems like the keeper, but all the folks who set it up are gone.  We also have access to Microsoft Office 365 but have far less invested in that platform.

There are a number of books available online, but I have no idea which are outdated or may be written poorly enough to confuse even the author.

Thanks for any ideas!
"You can't stop the signal, Mal."

Eclipse

I just last week did a 60ish user corporate transition and I found that Google's guides and instructions
are clear and concise for most topics.

http://learn.googleapps.com/

The product forums, on the other hand, are mostly a place for people to gripe that "this or that doesn't work the way we want it to".

The above says "work and school" but 99% of the systems are the same, and there's a business FAQ included as well.

Assuming the mods don't mind, we could also answer direct questions here, or PM me with an email and I'll help where I can,
and I'm certainly not even the most expert on this board by a mile.

"That Others May Zoom"

wuzafuzz

Awesome.  I'll check it out.  Thanks!
"You can't stop the signal, Mal."